What's new
What's new

Mazak QT 8

GWestbury

Plastic
Hope everybody had a great Christmas holiday, Im still in the process of trying to bring my mazak QT 8 back from the dead dealing with one issue at a time currently when i power it up the machine thinks i have a 16 possition turret when in fact i have an 8
i have (2) sets of parameters at my disposal that i can compare to each other if i only new what letter parameter tells my machine
the turret size.

Does anybody know what parameter letter determines the turret size?

thank you in advance. GWIMG_9579.jpg

I assume you don't have the electrical manual for the machine? If not you should get setup with Mazak and get it. I have a QT15 with CAM T-2. One of the parameter bits on mine tells it if it has an 8 position or 12 position turret. It will also have a basic set of parameters for the machine.

Hope everybody had a great Christmas holiday, Im still in the process of trying to bring my mazak QT 8 back from the dead dealing with one issue at a time currently when i power it up the machine thinks i have a 16 possition turret when in fact i have an 8
i have (2) sets of parameters at my disposal that i can compare to each other if i only new what letter parameter tells my machine
the turret size.

Does anybody know what parameter letter determines the turret size?

thank you in advance. GWView attachment 187268

I'm pretty sure you'll want to look at parameters M1 through M12.
On my QT-10N (with 8 position turret) they are as follows:
M1 = 1
M2 = 8
M3 through M11 = 0
M12 = 8

Here's a quick photo of the setting chart from my original parameter sheet:
IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_9589.jpg
I'm pretty sure you'll want to look at parameters M1 through M12.
On my QT-10N (with 8 position turret) they are as follows:
M1 = 1
M2 = 8
M3 through M11 = 0
M12 = 8

Here's a quick photo of the setting chart from my original parameter sheet:
View attachment 187271

Thank you for your reply - I changed my parameters to match your machine and when i got to M12 mine was actually set at 16. I thought sure as hell that would fix the problem so i changed it to an 8 to match yours and in doing so my screen now reads 0 instead of 16

img_9589.jpg

View attachment 187279

Thank you for your reply - I changed my parameters to match your machine and when i got to M12 mine was actually set at 16. I thought sure as hell that would fix the problem so i changed it to an 8 to match yours and in doing so my screen now reads 0 instead of 16

img_9589.jpg

The first number (was 16, now 0) is the currently selected tool. If you hit the "Tool Select" button to advance your turret to the next tool, that number should change. On my QT-10N, the tool numbers go 1 through 8. I suspect you have other parameters and data that are out of whack. Here are the parameters from a QT-8 (inch system) that I was given when looking for a wiring diagram for my QT-10.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

You can access the "hidden parameters" by doing the following:

Press the parameters soft-key to bring up the parameters "picture"
press the 3rd soft-key from the right.
type in 1131 on the keypad
press input

You should now have a pink box above that 3rd soft-key (don't press it).
Now you can use the page key to see all of your parameters including the "hidden" pages.

Hope that helps you solve your issue.
If you PM me your e-mail address, I'll send you the whole PDF with wiring diagram and metric parameters.

My QT10N T2 has an 8 position turret.
Parameters:
M1=1
M2=8
M3->M11=0
M12=8
M13->M48=0

On my ST30ATC with a 16 position turret and a 32 postion spare magazine M17 and M18 is also set so make sure these also is set to 0

Back