What's new
What's new

Mazak qt10 on ebay

dipiazzamachine

Plastic
Have any of you guys seen the qt10 for sale on Ebay? It seems cheap to me.
It has a t1 control. Is that to old or bad control? I was thinking about taking a ride to check it out or should I not waist my time, I dont know much about these machines so can you mazak guys let me know a little about this control/machine. thanks

i could probly describe the whole deal like this
if you need a dependable machine to make money, making things you know how to make on a manual machine and know nothing of cnc's.
don't buy an old cnc
if you have some money and can afford to flush it all down the drain on a chance to make things easier on a cnc
buy an old cnc
if you really need to upgrade to cnc to stay in buisness but don't know much about cnc and your risk threshold is low
buy the newest haas you can scratch the money together for (assuming that would get you the newest, cheapest to repair and biggist support network i have knowledge of)
if you really need to upgrade to cnc to stay competitive and you have a little bit of room to take a chance in order to get a more powerfull machine
buy an old mazak

Last edited:
As much as I love my Mazak's if your not familar with them, especially first gen T-1 machines, I'd move on.. I have not seen the listing, but most T-1 era machines were air chucks and air clamping motors on the turret, indexing. Very problematic as they got old. If your dead set on it, and its a great deal, I would make sure you see it fire up.

That machine is sweet!
For the museum.
Or the production army of undead machines. I think a machine like that would be a go if you could show up and have them make a part or maybe two of yours. The thing is do you want to have to drop 1k t0 20k or a slight bit more on a machine that old with an older control. I'm sure there are plenty of well maintained old Mazaks T-1s ready to produce into mid century. Maybe a well maintained and operated machine is probably worth 15k to 20k if people are desperate for a machine and they know what to do to maintain them. That being said the price alone suggests this dude needs a fix'n.

I hate driving out to see a machine and have it be a total wreck or worse yet not have it start up when they say it's running. I think you can get a new Mazak 10 or 20 hp straight up simple lathe for under 100k way better option than the Hass especially if you plan on machining stainless and hardened materials.

Back