What's new
What's new

Mazak QT10N T3 startup issues.

NewCNC

Plastic
Hi

A friend of mine recently purchased the machine listed in the title . We saw the machine power on,with random digits on the screen before purchase. Machine has been moved to his shop.

I set about to clean the 3 boards where the batteries leaked. Have replaced batteries.

Today I powered the machine up. Was met with menu and purple screen with a couple of zero's in top let corner. Could not acces the control. The screen would then cycle to random digits and back to purple screen.

I set about to initialise the control using Mazak 0989-002 Service bulletin. I managed to get the PE1/2 leds out, the PR led out on the 747 board. This gave a screen that showed the menu keys and purple screen with a couple of zero's in top let corner. Still could not acces the control.

The BT led remained lit on the FX784-8 card. Whilst trying to remedy this I found the WDAL (Check) led was lit on the FX701 card. This gave no display on screen. Ocassionally cycling power would see this led out, and a screen display, but still no acces to the control.

I have checked the voltages on the Control power supply, all are present, correct and stable. Would appreciate any assistance with this issue.

Thanks, Chris.

Last edited:
Not much progress, I have the WDAL led out, the BT and PE1 leds are lit on the FX784-8 board, and also noticed the battery was flat, machine had sat powered off for a week, so looks like serious issue/s on the 784-8 board.

Yes, the original machine parameters were in a folder in the electrical cabinet door. I cant access the control to input the parameters, that is the current issue.

Last edited:
More progress today, found pin on eprom close to battery on FX784-8 was badly corroded, turned to powder when I started scratching it. Pin is corroded back to chip body. Current plan is to remove the chip and read the data (probe the damaged pin), write new chip and replace.

Ran the laptop FX727 erase proceedure, after this the NCALARM led was lit, pressing reset would turn led of, but when reset key released NCALARM would light again. Still no access to program parameters, but feels like progress.

Back