What's new
What's new

Mazak QT15 Alarm

rockfish

Titanium
I have a fellow coming over in the afternoon trying to help me get up to speed on this machine. It's been several years since he ran a QT15, and he's running into a problem that he
doesn't understand.

We've put some tools in the turret, and put them in the tool library. He has put in a small program and every time he goes to check the program, an alarm comes up saying that he has and incomplete tool set. We've checked the data over and over, and everything to do with the tools is correct.

Also, on the tool page, where there is no tool listed, there is a red block.....which I don't think should be there.

Any ideas ???

Sorry, it's very hard to describe these conditions.

Frank

When you say tool page, are you referring to tool file or tool data? You have to enter information in both of those. Then there is the tool set page where you have to tell it where the tool is on both axes.

i suspect the "red block" is the highlight, that tells you what tool your putting in information for

or not

you need a coder

i ain't
sorry

i got a guy here stands next to 15's all day
he could pull you through it
let me know

I can only find the Tool Data page. I haven't been able to find anything that says Tool File.

Yes, I have a tool eye.

I will try and take a picture of the screen, so you can see what I'm talking about. I tried yesterday, but the glare from the flash made for a shitty picture.

Frank

I can only find the Tool Data page. I haven't been able to find anything that says Tool File.

Yes, I have a tool eye.

I will try and take a picture of the screen, so you can see what I'm talking about. I tried yesterday, but the glare from the flash made for a shitty picture.

Frank

You have to press the right shift key to get to tool file. I BELIEVE that you have to enter something in there or it will give you an error message, but I'm not sure. My tool file is full. When I put a new tool in there, I have to edit an existing entry.

When you touch the tool eye and it tones, you have to press teach, then the zero key, then enter. You have to do this for both axes for every tool.

I removed my tool arm several years ago because it was in the way of one job that used to repeat. I found it almost as easy to use a standard for the Z and touch off one of the known diameters to set X.

I think all the tool positions must have some info in them ,

Or it will not run , no blanks , even if not using them

Try that ,

Finally............some progress. I had a fella come in today and get me past the point where we were stuck. To be honest, he wasn't 100% sure what he did to not get the alarm, but whatever it was it worked. He actually never got the same alarm I was getting. While the alarm we got said "unfinished toolset data", he was getting a "incomplete process data" alarm.

I do know that he only had tool info plugged in for tool #1 and tool #4 and the control had no problem reviewing a simple program without other tools listed for all of the other stations in the turret.

I still think there is a problem somewhere, because we still have a strange red block on the tool data page which no one recalls ever seeing anything like it before. We did enter data in the block and it had no effect.

Frank

Sounds like you got it mostly figured out but I wanted to add that in my experience, you must have the turret rotated to an occupied tool station(or at least make the machine think there's a tool there with arbitrary #'s in tool data 1) in order to run a program. I see this error all the time when an operator is going around, changing inserts, rotating turret, etc...then tries to start a program with turret in between tools.

Back