What's new
What's new

Mazak QT15 problem

davestearman

Plastic
I have a QT15 with a T2 controller. It has been running perfectly and run every day for the last three weeks. Turned on the next morning following a day of running and the computer was scrambled. It had a memory parity error on the screen and parameters were all jumbled. On the program and tool screens there were a lot of jiberish and ***'s. It was determined that it should be re-initialized. I did that using a Mazak service bulletin. The program screen now works but one of the tool screens does not have the list of tool numbers along the left side of the screen. Also now it has an alarm 10 (no signal from Z).

It appears to be a B3 or earlier version of T2 control. So board FX727 was the board removed and did the re-initialized process to.

I'm not sure what to do next to try and solve this problem.

Thanks for the help

Dave

Did you get all the OP parameters correct? and then restarted?
You know you have to add a party number to the OP parameter?
The parity is the number of 1 like this

0000 0000 = 000000000
0101 0000 = 010100002
1111 1111 = 111111118

Did you get all the OP parameters correct? and then restarted?
You know you have to add a party number to the OP parameter?
The parity is the number of 1 like this

0000 0000 = 000000000
0101 0000 = 010100002
1111 1111 = 111111118

I did that the time before but have not done it since the last re-initialization. If I re-enter all the parameters could that maybe help the Z axis alarm?

I have re entered the parameters, turned machine off for 20 seconds and turned back on. Z axis alarm gone but has the alarm 22 NMI Memory Parity.

Not sure what to do next or what might be having the problem.

Try go through and press "delete all" in every page that has that button like, program file, tool data etc.
(Dont know the english buttons and menunames :) )
When you press "delete all" I think you have to confirm by pressing -9999 and input.

If that does not help you should do the re-initialized process again, I think there is some different ways to do it.

On the T-2s there are not a ton of parameters. Someone can probably post theirs if you ask. Might have something off a bit.

mazak qt15 NMI memory Parity alarm

On the T-2s there are not a ton of parameters. Someone can probably post theirs if you ask. Might have something off a bit.

I have the parameters and have entered them. Just can't clear this NMI Memory Parity alarm. Also one of the axis on the position and command screens has ***** in place of dimension.

I was having that problem with my QT8. What I found that was causing it was the jumper for the battery on board FX784-9 was missing. That was mostly because before I bought the machine someone was using it for a parts machine. It would start out every morning with the parity error. Had to turn the NC power off,turn off No.2 dip switch on FX701, cycle the power on/off turn on No. 2 dip switch then turn the power on. The error would go away. I was still working on getting the machine to run at that point so I was turning it on and off at various times. The capacitor on the board kept it powered for what ever time it was off for that day. The next morning the parity error was back until I found the jumper missing. Have you checked the batteries lately?

I was having that problem with my QT8. What I found that was causing it was the jumper for the battery on board FX784-9 was missing. That was mostly because before I bought the machine someone was using it for a parts machine. It would start out every morning with the parity error. Had to turn the NC power off,turn off No.2 dip switch on FX701, cycle the power on/off turn on No. 2 dip switch then turn the power on. The error would go away. I was still working on getting the machine to run at that point so I was turning it on and off at various times. The capacitor on the board kept it powered for what ever time it was off for that day. The next morning the parity error was back until I found the jumper missing. Have you checked the batteries lately?

Yes I have checked the four batteries and they all have the 3.5 volts. Two of them I have not replaced but have new ones on the way.

The machine has run for about two weeks every day without issue. It was turned off at night until Tuesday morning then it was scrambled.

Have you just tried cycling the power with Dip switch 2 off, then turning it to on and powering it up again to try and clear the parity error. I don't know what else could set the parity error beside the memory boards not having power while the machine is off. When my machine was setting the parity error, it didn't scramble the parameters. When I first got the machine they were scrambled but it was out of service for maybe a couple of years. No batteries were even attached to the boards. There are only 3 batteries on this machine. Some on here have said that their machines only have 2 batteries. Even if the batteries are changed the parity has to be reset manually with dip switch #2. It won't reset itself.

Have you just tried cycling the power with Dip switch 2 off, then turning it to on and powering it up again to try and clear the parity error. I don't know what else could set the parity error beside the memory boards not having power while the machine is off. When my machine was setting the parity error, it didn't scramble the parameters. When I first got the machine they were scrambled but it was out of service for maybe a couple of years. No batteries were even attached to the boards. There are only 3 batteries on this machine. Some on here have said that their machines only have 2 batteries. Even if the batteries are changed the parity has to be reset manually with dip switch #2. It won't reset itself.

I think you're right about resetting parity.
When I revived my T2 control, I had to go through the parity reset process after my first attempt at re-initializing and entering all the parameters.

I had the same NMI parity alarm and the parity reset cleared it.

Mazak QT15 T2 X axis reversed

I think you're right about resetting parity.
When I revived my T2 control, I had to go through the parity reset process after my first attempt at re-initializing and entering all the parameters.

I had the same NMI parity alarm and the parity reset cleared it.

Machine is up and running after resetting everything.

I have one issue remaining with the X axis. When setting tools the Z works fine but the X when teaching an outer dimension it shows a negative number in the command page. When you run the program and cutting the edge the tool goes to the center and moves outward.

When running simulation the Bar-Out cutting tool shows up with the profile of a boring bar.

Any ideas what is set wrong?

Dave

Machine is up and running after resetting everything.

I have one issue remaining with the X axis. When setting tools the Z works fine but the X when teaching an outer dimension it shows a negative number in the command page. When you run the program and cutting the edge the tool goes to the center and moves outward.

When running simulation the Bar-Out cutting tool shows up with the profile of a boring bar.

Any ideas what is set wrong?

Dave

Check your parameters for the tool setter... You have to define it's position and size on X, Z axes.

This is a page from the tool-setter manual that shows the parameters for the T2:
M33 & M39 are X width and X position (of the corner nearest the home position of the turret, relative to the design reference position).
M34 & M43 are Z width and Z position (of the corner nearest the home position of the turret, relative to the design reference position).
M48 is the width of the restricted (measuring) zone.
M37 is measuring speed in the restricted (measuring) zone.

T2 (qt-10N)Tool_Setter_Parameters_SM.jpg

Attachments

• T2 (qt-10N)Tool_Setter_Parameters.jpg
    T2 (qt-10N)Tool_Setter_Parameters.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 335
Check your parameters for the tool setter... You have to define it's position and size on X, Z axes.

This is a page from the tool-setter manual that shows the parameters for the T2:
M33 & M39 are X width and X position (of the corner nearest the home position of the turret, relative to the design reference position).
M34 & M43 are Z width and Z position (of the corner nearest the home position of the turret, relative to the design reference position).
M48 is the width of the restricted (measuring) zone.
M37 is measuring speed in the restricted (measuring) zone.

View attachment 215657

Using the tool eye and using the measurement method the machine still thinks the turret is on the opposite side than what it is. As can be seen in the program simulation the bar out tool is coming in from the wrong side.

How do you fix this? Otherwise all is working fine.

DaveIMG_0705.jpg

I just just checking to see if this thread was still alive. I’ve got a QT 15 with the same code 22 that I can’t get rid of. Any ideas please help

i have no help cause my keyboard doesnt even work on mine. lol. but i have only found one battery on mine. where are the other two?

They were on both memory boards. I don’t remember the exact number on the boards but there were two battery packs identical.

Just checking to see if any one can offer help on the same subject. I have tried re initializing and parity reset but still has code 22. Please help

Back