What's new
What's new

Mazak quick turn 8 SP

GWestbury

Plastic
I just recently acquired my first cnc machine a very clean 1986 Mazak QT 8 SP
the machine set for 6 years without power so it lost memory, I have replaced the batteries
and started entering parameters until i discovered that i was missing the "D" parameters
as well as any hidden parameters. its very exciting because the more info i feed it the more it comes back to
life. I called mazak and am willing to pay them for the parameters, but they are in no hurry to act....I dont have the patients
to wait 2 weeks.

If someone could supply the parameters i would gladly paypal them a few $ for helping out.

Also if there are any independent service techs on this forum in the california bay area that know this machine and are willing to work on it to help bring it back up into good working order please contact me at [email protected] or (925) 383-1276

just a note on my machine there is no sub spindle, or for that matter there is no tailstock at all so maybe the parameters for a normal quick turn 8 would work?

thanks in advance for any help

Greg Westbury

Benganboll, thank you for the response yes the SP stands for sub spindle but on my machine the sub spindle has been removed and there is
no tailstock just bolt holes where its supposed to be. I done mind because ill be using it for small parts anyway. I'll post a pic of my D parameter page when i fire the machine up later today.

I do not have the books for the machine. I only have a few pages of parameters but there is no D parameters in my paperwork, if the D parameters are for the sub spindle should i just leave them all blank?

I have never seen the D parameters, I think you right and they belongs to the subspindle.
What happens if you leave them blank?

Do you have any previus experiance with mazatrol?

I have no experience in mazatrol or any other programing. I dont know how to leave them blank i can only add a numerical value. i set them all to 0
IMG_9140 2.jpg

I think you should reinitialize the control acording to the "Mazak Service Bulletin 0989-002" before you enter any parameters.
Your memory seems scrambled.
I cant find the Mazak Service Bulletin 0989-002 right now.

Have you figured out how to enter the binary parameters? (eg. 11001010)

I have re-initalized 4-5 times it according to mazak instructions and it seems to let me do more every time i do it.
i.e. when i first did it i couldn't erase the old programs, a call to mazak and they explained that there is a lot of old crap on it that has accumulated after 30 years. the point I'm at now I was able to erase all old tool and program info and re-inter over the older parameters
until i got to the OP section (I'm assuming these are the binary- see attached pic) because It will not take any input like the normal parameters will. IMG_9142.jpg

Entering the binary parameters is a bit different. You count all the 1's in your binary string and input the number of 1's as a ninth digit.
0000 1100 would be entered as 0000 11002

Gobo is right

0000 0100 = 000001001
1111 1111 = 111111118
1111 0000 = 111100004
0000 1111 = 000011114

I guess that after enering the binary parameters and reboot machine you dont have the D parameters anymore.
What I can find D parameters are for T4 systems with 2 tool turrets.

I would take you up on that but i just noticed you are from Sweden the ticket would cost more than I paid for my machine:D

If it won't write I agree with GPTech on using the procedure that he linked to. I have not tried it myself but had this problem on my machine. It wouldn't take the new params. I had to send the board back to Mitsubishi to get them to reset it for $600. So hopefully you can avoid that.

I have the books for my QT10N (1986 Mazatrol T2).
I think you at least need the programming book, I can scan them but it will take some time to do it.

That would be great, I will put my hand up for a copy. I have the primer programming manual (doesn't go into how to get around in mazatrol), which is freely available on the webs but I can't find the T2 programming manual.

Hello
I recently became the proud owner of a Mazak QT 8SP on a Mazatrol T-2, but I don't have any information about it. Does anyone have an electronic manual?

Back