What's new
What's new

mazak quickturn 252 alarm

britt@skilled

Plastic
Im working on a mazak quickturn 6t. I reinitilized the machine added the parameters and am currently getting a alarm 252 axis move misoperation can someone help me out thanks. im just trying to home machine and I have no mazak experience thanks again. Britt

I have seen things similar when bringing machines back from brain dead.

That model has flash memory that you can save and restore parameters from. It may be worth a call to Mitsubishi at 1-847-478-2500 to have them send you info on backup/restore from flash.

There are PMC parameters that may not be entered at this point, giving you the error. The flash save process saves the PMC parameters.
So doing a restore from flash may be a better starting point. Worst case is it wipes out what you have there now.

Once you get things running properly, save a fresh copy to flash, for future use.

Bill

Yes there are multiple names for the same memory. No chance there is anything in EEprom that you don't have in sram now.

In the front of the electrical documents there is a section on PMC parameters. You may not have them on paper or MicroDisk copies.

Bill

I got the alarm to clear it was the tool eye position sensor tool eye was not all the way closed i got x to zero but z is not going into the auto function to zero machine is stopping at .235 and wont go any further. could this be a parameter thast i mis typed and witch one i bought parameters from mazak already had to change one that wasnt right.

Looks like you are into a soft limit with a small non negative number. With no doc's it is probably quickest to move to -1.0" and turn machine off. Then turn screw by hand till the axis is mid way down the slow down cam, turn on and try homing again.

If you are working on an older machine without a good current backup of parameters, you probably will have problems with:

Tool eye size and backlash parameters to begin with. If you have a barfeeder, part catcher etc. there will be PMC parameter changes to enable them.

In your alarm manual I would put a note for that alarm to check the tool eye for future reference.

Always check all your parameters after entering them. Keep the paper copy updated.

Bill

I just did it and it worked but i was unable to get turret to home i called mazak and they say i need a teach box to get the turret home im curently getting a 399 alarm turret home unfinished. Is this the way this works. thanks again

Britt

Ive got everything working now i need a programming manual we are missing that one

Hi,
I have same problems with QT25c with mazatrol t plus, could you guide me how to solve the problem, i can move x,z, chuck open/close
but i could not home or run spindle, turret

sting

Mazak Tool eye positon sensor error

I got the alarm to clear it was the tool eye position sensor tool eye was not all the way closed i got x to zero but z is not going into the auto function to zero machine is stopping at .235 and wont go any further. could this be a parameter thast i mis typed and witch one i bought parameters from mazak already had to change one that wasnt right.

Could you please tell me how you fixed the tool eye alarm. I can't get my tool eye to move .

Back