What's new
What's new

Mazak Service In Minnesota

Techguy

Hot Rolled
I am looking for somebody who knows how to repair Mazak SQTs in Minnesota. The mazak dealer and local Mazak service isn't an option. I am looking for someone who is an independent or works for another dealer, but actually knows Mazaks.

My SQT15MS is down with electrical issues and I am out of my league.

Last edited:
I am an independent service engineer with over fifteen years experiance with mazak machine tool. Capable of any repair needed but I do not live in minn. I live in ohio. but will travel.

The PFH4800 is running like a champ. Very fast and accurate machine. I sure wish I had the kind of work that could really use it's production capabilities though. I would love to be using the 40hp on some big hogouts. One of these days I will. For now I am enjoying the accuracy for some more critical parts.

Now I just wish my SQT was happier. I did get it running today though.

So what's wrong with the local service? I'd just like to know because I'm looking at possibly a new mazak turning center or a nice used one. A friend of mine has a few mazaks and was disappointed with the local service.

The PFH4800 is running like a champ. Very fast and accurate machine. I sure wish I had the kind of work that could really use it's production capabilities though. I would love to be using the 40hp on some big hogouts. One of these days I will. For now I am enjoying the accuracy for some more critical parts.

Now I just wish my SQT was happier. I did get it running today though.

Glad to hear it's doing well. I remember awhile back you were in used machine hell. What other parts did you have to replace? I recall an entire hydraulic unit!?

Pat yourself on the back. For the price you paid for that PFH ($110-130K?), + the time and cost of getting it going, you've got a machine that's as fast (or faster?), as accurate, and more powerful than any other $250,000 400mm HMC available today.

I haven't actually had to replace anything major. It turned out that there never was anything wrong with the chiller. The local service guy from the Mazak dealer missed that the phases were wired backwards on install. I switched 2 power wires and everything was fine. Of course this was discovered after installing the new chiller. The new chiller was removed and sent back. I was out $1000 in shipping and about 12 hours of time to install and remove the chiller. Not to mention the couple of weeks of down time.

The machine has a couple of minor quirks, but overall an awesome machine at a great price.

Today I get to try my first 3D work on it. :)

Thanks for asking.

Techguy

What CAM software are you using to program the 3D work?

Unless you have the MAZACC3D high speed 3D option, the 3D work with the Fusion control is not exactly stellar. You can use G61.1, but it will hiccup and stutter at any higher feedrate.

I've had good success by leaving it in G64 mode, filtering out ALL arcs in Mastercam (the control doesn't like those .001R moves), setting the tolerance in Mastercam to .0002 or less, and feeding up to around 250ipm. Anything faster than that, and it really starts to wander around a bit.

I am using Mastercam for the program generation. Thanks for the tips, I will keep an eye on it.

Techguy

Just to clarify, when I say get rid of all the arcs, I'm only talking about 3D machining. The Fusion does a fantastic job of regular size arcs during 2D machining with G61.1.

swaper

For all that need I have 15 years of Mazak service. I have worked for the MN service and have been trained in Japan on these machines. I started my own buisness doing Mazak repair. If you all need service or phone suport I can help you out. Drop me a pm and we can make this happen. I live in central MN Buffalo area.

Back