What's new
What's new

Mazak T3 parameters

atomas

Plastic
I have a 1986 QT10N with a T3 control. It has a 16 pocket tool-changer with live-tooling and C axis. First, the battery went dead and all parameters were lost or corrupted. Does ones of you has the parameters I'm looking for? If someone could get me a copy of these I would greatly appreciate.
Second, after the batteries were changed, I had a memory parity alarm. So I reinitialized the control according to the procedure described in the service bulletin 0989-002. Even though I reinitialized the memory, I still have the memory parity alarm. If you have any clues on this one let me know. THANKS!!!!

Mike

First for the parity alarm: The top switch is #1 even if it is labeled 0. I would try again on the reinitialize. Be sure power is off when changing the switches. Were there 2 boards with a battery on it? There should be a battery alarm led on those boards, so you know which one is causing the alarm. Verify the battery polarity with the polarity marked on the board.

If you find a floppy disk tucked in the electrical cabinet, or in the CRT enclosure, it will be for the Micro Disk unit (it is not PC compatible).

The parameter list may be in the electrical manual, or in the accuracy test documents. Sometimes they are in a pocket on the door of the electrical cabinet, or the pocked is on the side by the CNC chassis on some machines.

If you are working with someone else's set, you have to measure and set proper values for:

1 Tool eye.
2. Backlash
3. Leadscrew pitch comp (probably best to leave them at 0)

I would call Mitsubishi at 1-847-478-2500 if you continue to have problems.

Bill

I have a 1986 QT10N with a T3 control. It has a 16 pocket tool-changer with live-tooling and C axis. First, the battery went dead and all parameters were lost or corrupted. Does ones of you has the parameters I'm looking for? If someone could get me a copy of these I would greatly appreciate.
Second, after the batteries were changed, I had a memory parity alarm. So I reinitialized the control according to the procedure described in the service bulletin 0989-002. Even though I reinitialized the memory, I still have the memory parity alarm. If you have any clues on this one let me know. THANKS!!!!

Mike

I posted my 1986 QT10N T-3 parameters in this thread (post 8 & 16)-----> http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/mazak/qt10n-atc-mc-t3-milling-spindle-alarm-205-a-213336/

My older machine had a separate spindle drive and my friend's QT was 2 years newer and the main spindle drive doubled as the milling spindle drive, so OP4 parameter was different between the two machines.

First for the parity alarm: The top switch is #1 even if it is labeled 0. I would try again on the reinitialize. Be sure power is off when changing the switches. Were there 2 boards with a battery on it? There should be a battery alarm led on those boards, so you know which one is causing the alarm. Verify the battery polarity with the polarity marked on the board.

Bill

It's the first time I ever post on a forum and I'm really happy for the quick and useful response you gave me.
Bill I'm sure the batteries are ok now and installed properly. Battery led remain off on both boards. I'll try to go through the procedure to reset parity very carefully once again. Maybe I miss something the first 3 times I did it without any results.

Philabuster do you have the so called "hidden parameters"? These 2 pages don't appear when you go through the parameter pages. Parameter range from #11 to #88. I think it's only for the tool-changer but it's f**ked up anyway. I found many parameters with *** instead of figures...
I got the procedure to get to those hidden pages from Mazak. Here it is:
a) Press "PARAM"
b) Press the yellow Menu key third from the right under the CRT.
c) Type in 1131 & press "INPUT"
d) Now page through the parameters.

If you're willing to take a look for me. I think it's the only thing missing to bring this baby back to life.
Thank you very much for your help!
Mike

By the way, as Bill suggested, I went through the electrical book and found the first 3 parameter pages. I thought I only had the partial photocopied parameter list I had found in the operation manual! Still haven't found those "hidden parameters"...

Mike

Philabuster do you have the so called "hidden parameters"? These 2 pages don't appear when you go through the parameter pages. Parameter range from #11 to #88. I think it's only for the tool-changer but it's f**ked up anyway. I found many parameters with *** instead of figures...
You're Welcome. :)

Hidden parameters are not needed for the 10N. The params are just for a big ass external tool changer as an option on the bigger machines. It held 64 tools and could swap out all 16 tools from inside the machine automatically. Not an option on the 10N. The hidden parameters on my 10N and my friend's machine are all blank.

If you still have *** in any parameters and cannot clear them, you need to dump the memory again and start over.

I still have one parameter (M20) that reads ***, but machine doesn't seem to care. Try entering a 0 first before dumping the memory again.

Last edited:
Hi guys,
my Mazak is not running yet but I keep moving on with that bugger. No more parity alarm. Parameters are not perfect but acceptable. I'm having chuck and tail-stock barrier alarms. Must be something wrong in the parameters but I can live with this. The bug of the day is #14 Drive alarm Z axis. I have checked LS, turn the ballscrew by hand(well not really by hand, that carriage is a monster!). From a mechanical point of view, everything looks fine. I tried to unplug the Z axis resolver and got a No signal alarm instead of Drive alarm Z axis. Could it be the resolver? I also tried to swap X and Z resolver on the board and still got that Drive alarm Z axis. Any clue on this one?

Mike

P.S. Maybe I should have put this in a new post?

Hi guys,
my Mazak is not running yet but I keep moving on with that bugger. No more parity alarm. Parameters are not perfect but acceptable. I'm having chuck and tail-stock barrier alarms. Must be something wrong in the parameters but I can live with this. The bug of the day is #14 Drive alarm Z axis. I have checked LS, turn the ballscrew by hand(well not really by hand, that carriage is a monster!). From a mechanical point of view, everything looks fine. I tried to unplug the Z axis resolver and got a No signal alarm instead of Drive alarm Z axis. Could it be the resolver? I also tried to swap X and Z resolver on the board and still got that Drive alarm Z axis. Any clue on this one?

Mike

P.S. Maybe I should have put this in a new post?
I answered the Z-axis fault in your new post. Better seen there when people do a search. :) BTW, your thread titles are very specific and that is why you got the help so quickly. ;)

The barriers are a wonderful thing. Adjust and use them properly and they will save you from smacking the tailstock as there is not much room to be had. Avoid the urge to hit barrier cancel. The turret sheetmetal on my machine was beat to shit before I got it. Pushing barrier cancel will let that happen quite easily. :(

The chuck and Z axis barriers are edited on the command page. The tailstock barrier is located in the upper right hand corner of screen where it shows distance to tailstock.

The major shape of the tools, chuck, and tailstock are in the parameters you reloaded.

Go to Trace screen, zoom out by pushing 'scale' soft key, type in 20, then input. You should now see the chuck, turret and the tailstock in the screen. Push the "store' soft key to keep this view and this scale.

Make adjustment to distance to tailstock (TS distance?) on the command screen, then go back to the trace screen and the tailstock will move on the screen. IIRC, mine is somewhere around 30", but adjust the number until the turret hits the barrier about 1/2" before it contacts the sheetmetal.

One more thing, you have a MAXIMUM Z tool length on your 10N ATC/MC due to the way it indexes tools and such. Magic number-- 9.225" total length from the tip of the tool to the back of the VDI flange. On boring bars, this works out to be a 5.100" tool projection from the face of the boring bar holder. Forget to heed that number and your turret will bind up or snap off small drills when you index tools. BTDT more than once. :rolleyes5:

I recently bough 2 Mazak QT10N ATC and no manuals were coming with the machine.
And now, I discover one of them lost all parameter and the other not even power up.
Is it possible to have a soft copy or hard copy of the manuals you guys have, mostly parameter list, wiring diagram and maintenance manual.
Any help would be appreciate and thank you.

Don
[email protected]

I have a 1988 ATC 30 with a T3 control. It has a 16 pocket tool-changer with live-tooling and C axis. First, the battery went dead and all parameters were lost or corrupted. Does ones of you has the parameters I'm looking for? If someone could get me a copy of these I would greatly appreciate.

EDIT:Hmm strange... This thread was the first in the list even if last post seems to be from 2018-10-04..
Let me know if you still need the parameters

I have the same machine but some options is different.
I dont have the full C-axis I only have the 1 degree lock C-Axis and I have an toolmagazine on the backside.
But I can post my parameters from the ST-30 and from my QT10ATC that has the same options as your machine in a few hours.

EDIT:Hmm strange... This thread was the first in the list even if last post seems to be from 2018-10-04..
Let me know if you still need the parameters

I have the same machine but some options is different.
I dont have the full C-axis I only have the 1 degree lock C-Axis and I have an toolmagazine on the backside.
But I can post my parameters from the ST-30 and from my QT10ATC that has the same options as your machine in a few hours.

hello I am interested in the parameters if always available
thank you

Back