What's new
What's new

Mazak Training Course

scotty48

Plastic
Im in the middle of a course on the fusion/matrix controller for mills and was wondering how many others have taken this course? I've been running with this controller long enough to be very familiar with it and wondered if anyone else had taken the course in Cambridge and found it very very basic? Day one was spent on very basic programs all out of the programming workbook tha came with our mill. The only good part so far is that I have been able to get the instructor off topic with most of my questions but the majority of his answers are " I'll have to ask an applications engineer". So anyone have any tips to make this a little more informative? Not that i really mind, the company is paying me to go and i can't knock the hotel but I do hope day 2 and three become a little more in depth.

Training Complaints

The purpose of Mazak programming training is to teach the Mazatrol programming language. The course is generic in nature to cover the various capabilities of the control.

If you are very familiar with the control, then why are you attending class?

Getting the instructor "off topic" is inconsiderate and rude to the other students. If you have a special issue,then you do need to talk with someone in applications. That is their job and there is a fee for this type of training.

Programming training is free for 3 years from the date of machine purchase and can be used for any Mazak that you have, not just the most recent purchase. You can go to any Mazak Tech Center or the National Tech Center in Florence, Kentucky. This is a very generous program.

You cannot blame Mazak if you sign up for the wrong class, and you cannot expect a programming instructor to deal with the "special" issues of each and every student.

It is too soon to pass judgement after only one day in class. Even you might learn something new and worthwhile if you allow the instructor to follow his agenda.

Koni

I have attended the Matrix control class in Kentucky and also noticed that the class is basic.
I think it time for Mazak to step up to the plate and have some hands on training or advanced courses from their repeat coustomers.

Yes it is nice of them to give credits,but I would have hated tof oot my bill.Airfare,hotel,rental car ,meals,& not to mention my salary also.Al this for a basic course.:confused:

I bet our manufactring competitors offshore would not waste money this way.

The plant tour was really neat to see.:)

Confusion about Mazak Training

There seems to be some confusion on how to get the appropriate training from Mazak.

When you go to the Mazak website (mazakusa.com) and you click on the Training Tab, you are brought to a page where you have to make a choice. There are two separate and independent training departments and facilities.

The photo on the left is the Optimum Support Center and that is the Mazak South Building. This is where programming and maintenance training take place. The head of this department is Mr. Bill Tidwell.

The photo on the right is the Center for Multi-Tasking and Manufacturing Excellence in the Mazak East Building otherwise known as the National Technology Center. This is where hands-on-training and applications training is provided. The head of this department is Mr. Steve Pearson.

If you need hands-on-training, then you would click below the photo on the right side. Click on Learning Center Classes then on Hands-On-Training.

Mazak also provides on-site classes and special classes per customer request.

People from around the world come to Florence, KY for training.

Hopefully, this will help people find the appropriate classes for their needs.

sorry about your frustration koni

i can see that koni beeing from kentucky and very very upset in regard of critics about mazak
it is oubvious that you work for mazak.
i can tell you that mazak training is very basic and hands on training pretty useless.
i can say this for having worked for a mazak dealer and training people for almost 14 years.
mazak should step up to the plate and come up with better advanced training.

Having just bought a new Quick Turn-my thoughts-Keep in mind that this is my Very First
CNC Lathe-I took a course in CNC in a local College at night, which used a fanuc and Hass.
They taught Basic G-Code. Anyways, I cannot take off and go to Kentucky for a week when I operate two businesses. I took the programing course at Gardena. I am pretty good with computers and I am starting to get it. Gardena was very helpful and came out to my site in Irvine, in particular Eric one of their very experienced techs along with Steve an application engineer have been patient as well as Curt whom has put up with me and by frustrations. Anyways I am working on it but I feel that Mazak could well profit from some basic operator training at some of the tech sites. For a guy or a company that wants the best and is making the jump from manual to CNC and has committed a lot of money to buy the best, he should get all the help he needs. I would gladly pay for a class if one was available without having to go the Kentucky. Applications, programing, I understand the difference, but I like most folks just want to
buy the best, learn how to use it and make parts. Come on Mazak step up and do the right thing. We should not have to be a burr in anyones saddle to get all the help we need.

Perhaps put an ad out locally looking for an experienced Mazak/Mazatrol programmer. I'm sure there are guys who'd hop at a chance to make a little extra money on the side doing training.

I'd be more than willing if someone local to me needed the help.

Best regards,
Chuck

Mazak training

Take a look at the mastertask.com web site. They have detailed training on Mazak and it includes basic machining.

I signed up for the master task program and I am impressed with them and Jim Hall has
been very helpful, I am just starting it and from what I have used so far it seems to be the
best I have used. Also have an account with Tooling U and its ok but for mazak I see more information from the Master Task course. The Tooling U seems to be pretty general but it would be interesting to hear what others think whom have used both.

hello, I'm from Peru and here we have some mazak machines like the cqt-28 and the yms-30 for example ,,, I would like to capacciratme in the maintenance and programming of lathes mazak, someone who would like and knew how to help me in this need that I have, ,,, I would thank you a lot....hola, soy de peru y aca tenemos algunas maquinas mazak como el cqt-28 y el yms-30 por ejemplo,,,quisiera capaciratme en el mantenimiento y programacion de tornos mazak, alguien que quisiera y supiera como ayudarme en esta necesidad que tengo,,,, se los agradeceria mucho.

i ran a mazak mill for 14 straight months as a operator. i took a few months to learn programming (working as a operator) looking at existing programs and reading the mazak manuals.
i would have liked to have taken factory training but to be honest many are like me and they slowly learned programming from being a operator and reading the mazak manuals.
sure i was given easy jobs at first to program and often it was similar to another existing program and i only had to change a few things. thats how many learn. you got to learn to walk before you can run. i should add for a month i worked side by side with another mazak operator learning to operate it. part learning the machine and part learning how typical parts were made at a particular shop. some setup sheets use abbreviations and slang terms for stuff not universal common names. that takes time to learn

If you can’t find the time to get training from mazak like cmailco said see if you can find an experienced mazak operator to come and spend a bit of time with you and show you the ropes. When we bought our new mazak mills and lathes I had no previous mazak experience and after only 3 days of training with John hart who we bought the machines off I was ready to go.

We had Mazak come to our plant when we purchased a used Integrex. It was spendy, but the training was phenomenal.

Back