What's new
What's new

Mazak 410A-II, Mag drum malfunction/atc arm driver malfunction

LJPWNY

Plastic
Has any one had this problem,

Went to fire up the Nexus 410A-II when these two alarms pop up #212 Magazine Drum Malfunction & #302 ATC Arm Driver Malfunction
X & Y will home out Z will not
Machine is not abused and has very little run time, last program run, drilling and tapping 4 holes 1/2-13
The manuals are so very helpful with these things, clear problem and reset basically
Can anyone help me out?

Loren

4 weeks? Definitely dead batteries. I'm not sure where the drum and ATC MRJ drives are located on a Nexus VMC machine. They might be in the main electrical cabinet. On a horizontal, the ATC and tool magazine drives are above the tool changer in a separate electrical enclosure, and the XYZB and pallet changer drives are in the main electrical cabinet.

Open the electrical cabinet, and look at the big white servo drives. See if any of them are flashing an alarm. There's a plastic cover on the front of each drive that pops off. When you pop that off, you'll see the blue battery right there in front of you.

Whatever you do, DON'T TAKE THE BATTERIES OUT WHILE THE MACHINE IS OFF. And only change ONE battery at a time.

It's a 3.6V battery with a special pigtail you have to buy from Mazak for about $85 bucks each. I bought a bunch of them from Interstate Batteries a year ago for $20/each. The link to that page on the Interstate website is dead though, and I can't find that battery style on the site anywhere.

Joe,

Found the drivers, they showed alarm codes, found the Mits. alarm codes online, ordered new interstate batteries, the other 3 sources were from the same NYC store so I passed on those, thanks for the help, and the knowledge

Loren

How did you find the Interstate batteries? I looked all over the site and couldn't find them.

Also, when you're changing the batteries:

-Power machine on
-Change ONE battery
-Power machine off
-Power machine back on, and makes sure one of the alarms is gone
-Change another battery
-Repeat

If the alarm doesn't go away after changing the first battery, you can get into the MRJ software through the windows Start menu, but it's been a few years since I had to go through and do the absolute position restore. It's a pretty standard procedure, so somebody at Mazak should be able to help you out over the phone.

Joe,

Thanks for all your help, I'm posting this to help others who may need the info

MRJ drives located in main electrical panel........Has labels to which one is which

Alarm codes were flashing, found codes at www.meau.com ,downloads, product part number .......MR-2J (downloaded the manual)

Had several alarms.... but I figured out two of them, Under Voltage and Absolute position erase

Ordered new batteries interstatebatteries.com did a search for A6BAT came up with ID LIT5085 ordered two of them $19.00 each

The batteries were dead, had to do a Absolute Position Restore

Went to the windows menu....MR-J setup

Went to (p) Parameter absolute position repair......would not let me, message
(The absolute position repair data cannot be written because the data protect signal is input)

Have to go to (T) Test operation... open this screen, keep it open then go to
(P) parameter Absolute Position Repair......... will tell you it has be repaired and will be active upon repower

Turn off power , turn on , alarm should be gone, you have to do this for each one, and I had to toggle between Mag Drum and ATC

I hope this will help anyone who may need it

And once again, thank you Joe :cheers: you saved us so Green

Loren

The batteries go dead in 4 weeks? I've had some of my machines off for months with no problems. One was a Mazak QT lathe.

Avoid the interstate batteries - dead in 4 weeks!

Joe,

Ordered new batteries interstatebatteries.com did a search for A6BAT came up with ID LIT5085 ordered two of them $19.00 each

The batteries were dead, had to do a Absolute Position Restore

Loren

We had to get away from the interstate batteries also. They die quick!

Whoa, necro thread.

I've been using the Insterstate batteries for 5 years or so. I've had good luck with them. Just bought another half dozen a few weeks back.

I'm having this same problem with my vtc-200c mill. I went to mr-j and did the absolute position repair and this got rid of the 212 alarm but not the 302. Whats weirder, this alarm is not showing up in the mr-j alarm menu. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm having this same problem with my vtc-200c mill. I went to mr-j and did the absolute position repair and this got rid of the 212 alarm but not the 302. Whats weirder, this alarm is not showing up in the mr-j alarm menu. Does anyone have any suggestions?

You you do the absolute position repair on both drives? The original poster had alarms from two different drives that needed to be repaired.

Derpa derp. Read right over that part the first time around. That was exactly the problem. Thanks man

Any one of you have the exactly procedure to restore the absolute position? And how align the ATC Arm when loose the ABS Position?
Thank you.

Back