What's new
What's new

MAZAK Variaxis 200 won't home properly.

NotLager

Plastic
Hello everyone,
I'm working on a mazak variaxis 200 (Mazatrol 640m year 2000) and for some reason this puppy won't home nor will it make a tool change.
Whenever I attempt to home Z it won't go past 8 inches above the table.
If I attempt to make a tool change the spindle head will travel beyond the area it is supposed to.

I've fiddled with M8 and M9 parameters with no succes, what am I missing?

Thanks in advance

Any error codes? Call Mazak support most likely they will help you over the phone.

One error code 128 Interlock Axis ( , y , )
I've been trying to adjust 1st home with N11 but it wasn't working for me,so I move x y and z by hand,now I want to adjust G30 (second home) but I dont know where the spindle is supposed to be.
I mean is G30 the exact position where the tool change happens ?!

One error code 128 Interlock Axis ( , y , )
I've been trying to adjust 1st home with N11 but it wasn't working for me,so I move x y and z by hand,now I want to adjust G30 (second home) but I dont know where the spindle is supposed to be.
I mean is G30 the exact position where the tool change happens ?!

You need to resolve the Y axis interlock alarm first. That alarm is preventing other things from working properly (Like homing the machine).

Moving the axis by hand when you have an alarm preventing motion, only complicates things.

Go back in alarm history to before the problem started, there may be another alarm that caused the interlock, that goes away when power is cycled.

Bill

Ok guys ,well,now the atc arm is in no mans land ,i fixed the home problem but the atc arm got stuck in no mans land, it got caught in some bent sheet metal.

Is there a way to make it reach home ?,I mean,mechanically.
I tried to do it with my own hands but looks like the transmission is a tough one.

Why not give MAZAK a call, even after hours they have someone to help you. It is simple for them they can tell you what to do ( in most cases).

Back