What's new
What's new

Mazak VTC-16B

valleyduramax

Plastic
I have a 1997 model vtc-16B and this issue has been around since I can remember. We use mastercam x9 to do all the programming. The issue is that under certain tool paths, such as some of the dynamic paths, the machine will not feed at the programmed feed rate. If I choose an outside profile to rough a part in, the machine tops out at 87.7 in/min regardless of programmed and this is with a 0.25" dia cutter. Does the same thing on internal pockets. All I can assume is that it's machine parameter settings. Anyone ever have this issue? And what could be a fix?

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Your machine may be doing you a favor . . . look ahead on twenty year old Mazaks is not good enough to run that kind of feed rate around a contour. Straight line moves should be fine.

Try cutting a square pattern and look closely at the side walls.

The machine runs great when running other dynamic paths and runs at the programmed feed rate and looks ahead without issue. It seems like it's restricting feed rate based on geometry or something. There is nothing in the posted programs that is any different than ones that run fine. This is why I think it's a parameter setting

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Back