What's new
What's new

Mazatrol 640 M HELP please

Mazakre

Plastic
I'm kind of new to this so this might not be a BIG problem to others but to me.......

On a ring (ø650mm) I have to make som holes on the face of it and then turning the table 90 deg. and make a hole in the side.

My problem is this : I probe for CENTER with Renishaw on the first "side" where it is round. Then making the holes. Turning the table. Probe for X and Z but I would like Y to be the same as before. How can I do this ??

I have been reading the books over and over. Nowhere does it say anything about how to "copy" values from one "workpiece" to another.

Please help ... AND in advance THANK YOU ever so much.

OH BTW .. I'm danish so plz bare with the "spelling"

Kjeld B.:cheers:

i assume this is on a horizontal or a variaax?
my guess would be that the y stays the same
or you must have a really long stylus on the probe 325mm to reach the center of the ring:eek:

LOOOONG stylus

Yes this is Horisontal FH6800 Mazak.

Yes it had to be very long.. And I don't have one ... :bawling:

Are you using Mazatrol, or EIA programming for the actual machining? What about for the probe routines? Is it Mazatrol probing, or Renishaw Inspection Plus macros?

Are you using Mazatrol, or EIA programming for the actual machining? What about for the probe routines? Is it Mazatrol probing, or Renishaw Inspection Plus macros?

For now only using Mazatrol but I know I may have to use some EIA for this.

The Probe routines is Mazatrol (Haven't any other installed) And when looking at these you can probe for X and Z but the Y I would like to "take" from the first probe on "front" side being the center of workpiece.

Am I making sense ????

Best to all
Kjeld

For now only using Mazatrol but I know I may have to use some EIA for this.

The Probe routines is Mazatrol (Haven't any other installed) And when looking at these you can probe for X and Z but the Y I would like to "take" from the first probe on "front" side being the center of workpiece.

Am I making sense ????

Best to all
Kjeld

I understand what you want to do, but I'm terribly unfamiliar with the Mazatrol probing routines. Are you using G54 for the front, and G55 for the side?

You could just run the probe routine for the front, and set the XYZ for G54. Then run the same routine again on the front but write it to G55. When you turn 90 degrees, just probe X and Z, and your Y will still be the same from the front.

This is certainly an ugly method, but it should work.

I understand what you want to do, but I'm terribly unfamiliar with the Mazatrol probing routines. Are you using G54 for the front, and G55 for the side?

You could just run the probe routine for the front, and set the XYZ for G54. Then run the same routine again on the front but write it to G55. When you turn 90 degrees, just probe X and Z, and your Y will still be the same from the front.

This is certainly an ugly method, but it should work.

The way I see the probe routine is that it HAS to have all values in advance even if you just want to probe for X and Z ( the Y does still have to be there in the Unit. as saying to Mazatrol "This is where you begin ..."

But I think I will try with G54 and G55...
Thanks a million

if you are doing it in mazatrol in another program or wpc
just copy the Y value after u probed the bore. there are variables to do that automatic but tbh best is to call the applications for that or other more expierienced mazatroll users.

You don't even have to do that. Just simply probe the X and Z side after rotation using the same WPC. It will only update X and Z..... just that your XZ will be strange numbers because your part has rotated.

Now if you want to do all of the probing before starting the cuts, then you'll need to use two offsets or WPCs. You don't have to use G54s but you can. If you want to keep a 'seperate' look in the program, just set the priority numbers accordingly and you can still probe everything at one time. However, in order to use the same Y as the first offset, you need to use a macro unit (sub) in there. So, the steps might be like:

Probe WPC 1 (XYZ)
Macro sub: WPC 2 Y = WPC 1 Y
Probe WPC 2 (XZ)

Back