What's new
What's new

Mazatrol help

Snider

Plastic
Hi All,

I am wondering if any of you smart folks can help me find a way to do this. Attached is a picture of part geometry and a rough looking tool for a part I am about to make. I would like to use a tool to bore the diameter and taper on the back side of the shoulder. This direction I only have about 1 inch of hang out to help achieve a critical surface finish on this surface. From the other direction I will be hanging out almost 2 inches with a par diameter of less than 3/8".

Any help with an approach to tool description and how to program a unit for this would be a great help! I am a mazak veteran of 11 years but have never had a requirement for this kind of approach. I am using a QT100 with collet chuck, Matrix Nexus controller.

Thanks,

Sniderback bore.jpg

Isn't that simply Bar-Inside, then set the cutting point at the end of the taper (furthest point from the thread) and use a tool with the right geometry. You might have to set your cutting point farther in if you have only drilled the part to the minimum inner diameter, but that depends on the too geometry too.

Back