What's new
What's new

MAZATROL pink letters?

mattador04

Plastic
Hi all,

Have a pressing question that no one seems to be able to answer....

What do the pink letters mean in Mazatrol?

I see them on the tool data screen...

I see them in the program in certain units....

What are they for? What do they mean?

HAHA... I believe it has something to do with the type of turning you are doing, idk, my next move is to take a ToolingU course on the subject....

What do the pink letters mean in Mazatrol?

I see them on the tool data screen...

I see them in the program in certain units....

What are they for? What do they mean?

Post a pic and series of the control so we know what you are asking about. Mazatrol controls span over 30 years so there have been many changes along the way.

This is kinda like asking about your Windows computer doing something funny and we have no clue if you are talking about Windows 3.1 or 95 or 98 or XP or Vista or Windows 7 or Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, etc. ;)

Here are the pics. Sorta fuzzy, but you get the idea.

Attachments

• 002 (3).jpg
    002 (3).jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 1,064
  • 004 (6).jpg
    004 (6).jpg
    92 KB · Views: 459
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 443
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 502
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 5,799
Point machining x-y is not highlighted. X-C point machining is highlighted. If you're working on a newer integrex. Also the tool descriptions for hd2 will be highlighted as well.

I see you've got a 640 m pro control. Is this an early E-machine, the first generation with a true y axis? Pretty sure they only made the 640m pro for a few months before they rolled out the matrix. We've got an early e-410 with the same control.

I don't fully understand the difference between x-y and x-c point machining... I have an idea but i think I may need some extra tutoring.... enlighten me...

X and C machining uses x and c axis to machine profiles and drill holes etc without using y axis. X and Y clamps C axis at a given angle and uses x and y axis to perform the same functions as X and C.

BTW the pink highlighting is usually for when you drill or tap etc THROUGH the work piece thickness completely. It slows the feedrate down as the drill exits the back of the job.

Back