What's new
What's new

Milling flats and engraving on SQT18m with c axis only

cgmaster

Cast Iron
I am trying to mill flats and engrave numbers on the OD of a part. I looked at a few other post on here but I think I am more confused now. Can this be done in Mazatrol or do I have to use G code? Also the engraving will be serial numbers so is there a way to start a count say at 0001 and go up one for each part

I have EIA enabled on this machine. Does Polar and cylindrical interpolation need to be turned on? This is my first real part on a CNC lathe or on MAzatrol.

Also the engraving will be serial numbers so is there a way to start a count say at 0001 and go up one for each part or will I need to program each one separately? Reading through info I have gathered I will need to create a macro for each number and have the program call that sub program

I am planning to take some classes on Mazatrol as soon as I get a chance.

Not sure on the engraving but for the mazatrol the best way to learn is just play with some scrap. It's pretty self explanatory. Use the manuals and the help function and you will be ale to do lots in a short amount of time

There is no way in Mazatrol to do sequential engraving. You will need a macro.
Just simple engraving is a pain in Mazatrol. A Mazatrol manual program, or Line Center will work.

If you have a "Y axis" then its possible some type of engraving can be done in a limited way but if you don't have "Y axis" for get it.
As for the flats using Mazatrol with only "C and X" axis is easy.

If you have a "Y axis" then its possible some type of engraving can be done in a limited way but if you don't have "Y axis" for get it.
As for the flats using Mazatrol with only "C and X" axis is easy.
We have 4 SQT's with no Y axis. We do lots of engraving. It is somewhat tedious, but very doable.

Back