What's new
What's new

Multiples 630 / T-Plus / Part Transfer issue

Romefu12

Plastic
Multiplex 630 / T-Plus / Part Transfer issue

Hello
We purchased a 1998 vintage Mazak multiples 630 with the T-Plus Control.

My question is workpiece transfers;
I have programmed a shaft to be single process machined in the left turret to finish 1 end. At this point I pause the program with Feed Hold button to add an extension bar that screws into the shaft to allow it to be pulled by head 2 to be swiss machined with both heads synchronized and process continued on head 1. Then fully transferred to head 2 to have the other end of the shaft completed.

The program runs fine thru checking. All tools are set, all barriers cancelled (reluctantly)
I have touched off the front of the part on head 1 and teach z-axis zero point. I have touched off head 2 at 2.5 inches in front of the chuck which will be Z-axis zero point on head 2. I have set all of the transfer points in the setup page by running the axis’s to the desired transfer points and selected “transfer point” and “input” which stores the current axis positions.

My problem?
The program runs fine until it’s time to transfer. When the 1st process on head 1 is complete I can make both spindles rotate and synchronize or orient, all that works fine but when it comes time to actually move to the transfer position, the jaws of chuck 2 open and then the machine just sits there. No alarms, no messages, no nothing on either head. Just sits there with both cycle start lights on like it waiting for some command.

I have tried other program examples from the programming manual with the same result. Any ideas what is going on? Probably something simple as I am used to the T32-6 Control which transfers are setup a little different..

The only thing that I can think of is that by adding the extension bar for swiss-machining and programming transfer points that the original machining program does not see in the part geometry it may be confusing the control. However I thought it might throw an alarm of some kind but nothing.

Kind Regards
Romefu12

Last edited:
Hello

when it comes time to actually move to the transfer position, the jaws of chuck 2 open and then the machine just sits there. No alarms, no messages, no nothing on either head. Just sits there with both cycle start lights on like it waiting for some command.

Romefu12

Mybe just a proximity sensor need adjustment.
Check the LED display on front panel and locate "chuck open/closed".
Confirm there current by state then check the LED's (4 LED's total)
Requires you manually open and close both chucks.

Mr. E
Thank you for your reply.
Where are these 4 LED's located? Are you speaking of the open/close LED's at the top under the Head 1 and Head 2 on the T-Plus Control?
Really I did not think to look there as I can see the receiving chuck (chuck #2) does open prior to attempting to move to the transfer position.
I will check that and again thanks

Kind Regards
Romefu12

Mr. E
Are you speaking of the open/close LED's at the top under the Head 1 and Head 2 on the T-Plus Control?

Yes

Mr. E
Really I did not think to look there as I can see the receiving chuck (chuck #2) does open prior to attempting to move to the transfer position.
I will check that and again thanks

Kind Regards
Romefu12

When you check the function be sure to use the same diameter of material, DO NOT have the chuck empty for the test because your checking a proximity sensor movement and a empty chuck will give a fase reading.

What your looking for is when the chuck is to be closed but the LED says OPEN that could cause the machine to just wait indefinitely and then the proximity sensor need adjusting.

Back