What's new
What's new

Multiplex 620 Bar transfer

Passinthru

Plastic
Hello,

I have a question on a Multiplex 620 with a mazatrol 32-6 control. we're running an 86" bar through the machine and have multiple transfers we use to move the bar through. The current bars we run use a series of 3 programs tied together, I'm assuming it was written this way because there are only 6 lines in the transfer setup subprogram. So in order to complete all the transfers another program has to be written and linked together with the previous, to allow a fresh set of 6 lines in the transfer setup subprogram.

My question is, when we rollover to the second program how is the z offset determined for Head 1?

The old bars we run had the z offsets already programmed in the 3 programs. But our knurl pattern is changing so I need to adjust the z offset in program 2 and have been struggling with where this is coming from.

I understand our zero is changing as the bar is moved through the machine.

Thank you for your time.

Aaron

Hello Aaron
Some years ago I ran a Multiplex with a T32-6 Control, now I run a Multiplex with a T-Plus Control. I am a little confused in your fist question

“My question is, when we rollover to the second program how is the z offset determined for Head 1?”

By rollover do you mean that on the END Line the Mazatrol program calls another program to Continue with? Or do you mean there is a sub program called in the program?

It would probably help to provide a copy of the program / programs and how you are calling them

Kind Regards
Romefu12

Hello,

First thank you for your time.

Yes at the end of the first program it calls up another program to to continue knurling where it left off in the first program. And at the end of the second program it calls up a third program to face off and groove only using the second head.

Each of the 3 main programs use a subprogram for the transfers to move the bar through. Each main program only allow 6 lines of transfer in its respective subprogram, I'm guessing.

Because when you create a transfer in the main program it only comes up with 6 blank lines in the subprogram. Then you populate those lines using transfer position and teach it where its transfer points are.

I just haven't grasped where my new z offset is in the second program and third program. I think its where the zero has moved to, but I was trying to find a way to teach the machine so it automatically comes up, like the z offsets appear when you populate the transfer lines.

The machine just comes up with the zoffsets for the transfer, when I place the heads manually where I want the transfer to happen. Then I key the transfer position button enter 0 hit input and it comes up with z1(head1) position , z2 (head2)position and the z offset for that transfer.

So it appears multiple main programs needed to be written to allow enough transfers to happen.

When it calls up the second program the zero has been moved, because the bar has been moved a few times ,so our zoffset is different from the first program. And the z offset for head 1 is 0 in the third program because the bar has totally moved to head 2 and only has the remaining couple inches sticking out to face off and groove in head 2.

Program 1 has Head1 -15.5 zoffset
Head2. 0. Zoffset

Program 2 has Head 1 28.2 zoffset
Head 2. 0 zoffset

Program 3 has. Head 1. 0 zoffset
Head 2. -13.2466 Zoffset

Starting length of the bar is 86.06
Finish length of the bar is 86

These all work for the bars we are currently knurling but I'm prototyping a new knurl pattern, thus my zoffset issue in program 2 and program 3.

If I can figure out how to post a pic I will. I'm new to this forum.

Thanks again.

Thank you for your time.

So simple, yet I banged my head for far too long trying to figure the correlation.
My part moves several times during each of the three programs so I kept confusing my self.

Thanks again.

Back