What's new
What's new

need help ! 128 outside interlock axis alarm

wolfpower

Plastic
I just got this machine and am trying to set it up.This is an AJV 25-404 2 pallet machine.

I get a "128 outside interlock axis" ALARM. Cannot home x axis. :confused:

I have no alarms. Y and Z axis home out with no problem as well as the 4th axis on pallet number 2. Tool changer is in proper position. Air connected, everything works. I saw the machine working before I bought it, everything worked.

Havin no real clue because i have not seen a pallet changing ajv a WAG would be the machine is seeing something related to the pallet changing its not liking (external implys not regular machine stuff)
Think what would crash if x moved and pallet/door/something else is wrong

Good luck

Seems like the machine would have to lock up axis if it thought pallet was moving in or out is there a pallet out confirmation switch not being made
Is it a swivel sort of postioner that is off its stops?

I'm with Wippin on this one. This is almost certainly related to the pallet changer. Something is not where it's supposed to be, or at least the machine thinks something is not where it's supposed to be. Make sure the hook that pulls the pallets in and out is completely home. Also, if you go to the alarm history, do you see any other alarms that are active at the same time, or a tell-tale of something that might have happened before it was powered down for the move?

Y and Z homed ok because they move the spindle, not the table.

Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers: You did it!!!! after hours of talking to the MAZAK Professional, all I got was, I should probably buy a new machine:crazy:

So what it was is exactly what you all said it was. During shipping or who knows, the pallet shift lug/hook thing (the thing that pushes the pallet in and out of the machine) was mid stroke so therefor not on the limit switch!

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!!!!!!

128 outside interlock axis

Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers: You did it!!!! after hours of talking to the MAZAK Professional, all I got was, I should probably buy a new machine:crazy:

So what it was is exactly what you all said it was. During shipping or who knows, the pallet shift lug/hook thing (the thing that pushes the pallet in and out of the machine) was mid stroke so therefor not on the limit switch!

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!!!!!!

I had the same 128 outside interlock axis on an H400N M32 control.

You have to check every x-input address on the PLC of all components that are involved in the pallet change.
Unfortunately I think that means that you have to buy the manual from Mazak that tells you what x input address is for what. They are all different per machine and controller.
In order to get all components to make their switches, I had to force the y-output signal through the PLC to move everything in position so it would make all switches.

Good luck

Oliver

That is what the override button on the hydraulic solenoid valves are for.

Bill

Bill you are right.... but...

Not all machines have the buttons on all solenoids though.... but if you see them, by all means...

You still need to check all x-inputs in the PLC to determine which switch is not made that causes the interlock axis

Wolfpower, I am brand new to CNC maintenance. What controller is on your AJV 25-404?

Cheers

Ollie

Wolfpower,
I'll get you the pages with the x-input and y-output tomorrow in hopes that the I/O schematic is the same as for a Mazak H400N. It is worth a try.
Maybe someone else here would know if the I/O addresses of the PLC between different Mazak machines but with same controls are identical.

I actually have them all for the pallet changer already due to my interlock axis experience. But I'll also give you at least the x-inputs for your tool changer.
The y-outputs are harder to find, since they are buried in the individual electrical diagrams, which are hard to read due to bad scans.

I have a 6 pallet changer connected to my NC machine, and the solenoids for the pallet change hook are in the back of my machine.
If you want to look for the location of your solenoid valves for your pallet changer and check if they have the override buttons in the middle of the valve shafts? Typically the location of most solenoids and switches is shown on plaques on the outside of the machine somewhere close to these components.

If you don't know how to deal with the Maintenance screen on your M-32, I can either send you the pages that describe it, or walk you through on the phone. It is tedious to read hexadecimal numbers and address the y-outputs, but after a couple of times, it becomes easy.

But first things first.. which is making sure that all switches are made that need to be made and reading those addresses is much simpler than forcing y-outputs.

By the way guys, nobody is replying to my thread about my O9000 ATC macro problem for a VTC-41, anybody in this thread with some knowledge on how to implement it in a yasnac MX3?
Sorry to abuse this thread for this... you can reply in the my macro threat which is only about a week old.

Ollie

Wolfpower,

here are 3 documents I put together for you:

diagnostic proc.screen.pdf

is the description of how to manipulate the interface for the diagnostics page on the maintenance screen. It is very hard to understand at first and especially because the letters are not printed on the soft-key pad. You need the manual at first to even be able to call up anything. I can walk you through it if you'd like if you are ready. After you got it, it is very simple.

x-input addresses.pdf
shows you all x-input addresses that you need to check to see if the machine sees anything in the way for your axis to move.

y-output addresses.pdf
shows you all y-outputs that you might have to activate in order to move either pallet or ATC components to their proper end positions. In case you don't find override buttons on the solenoid valves.

If you have any other questions, call me: 310 980 6330

Ollie

Mhhh.... I don't see an option to attach pdfs here. I can email the document to you. My email is: [email protected]

Wolfpower,

here is a link to my server from which you can download the pdf files. They are very small, because I extracted them out of the manuals, but they are still slightly too big for this forum. (limit=95k)

Index of /mazak

Ollie

And just in case one more link with html tags for good measure ;-)
Index of /mazak

Wolfpower, did you get is resolved?

Yes, thanks for the info. check out post number 5 in this thread. This is and older (92) machine I bought very cheap for a job that will stay on it for years. Wanted to just dedicate the machine tho that one job only. To do that it had to be cheap. Not having much experience with this machine caused the problem. The machine was ok the whole time. The pallet had shifted during shipping off of the limit switch. This caused the machine to alarm. i pushed the button on the hydraulic solenoid to move it into position and all is well. :)

For anyone else who may be searching for this problem in the future, I had this problem on an HTC 400 with a Mazatro M-plus last week.

The guy who helped me get the machine debugged said the machine probably didn't know where it was in X since it was the only axis that wouldn't home.

We pressed the reset key and the switch under it and moved the spindle away from the perceived softlimit. We may have had to use the MFI key also.

Then after we noted the current settings for the parameters M8 and M9 we changed the xaxis settings to all 9's (99999999) for the travel limit. This gave us the ability to home the machine in x since the machine was no longer hitting a soft limit before it homed.

THEN WE SET THE PARAMETERS TO THE ORIGINAL NUMBERS.

My technician says the "128 outside interlock axis" ALARM is a very generic alarm.

OMG Wolfpower, I now saw that I replied to your problem after you already had solved it.... what a nut I am... good job finding it. Too bad the PLC doesn't just tell us what switch is not made for it to interlock.

The best way of figuring out which switch it is is to look through all x-address's input.

Thanks Deadnut for posting your experience as well.

Cheers

Ollie

Back