What's new
What's new

EIA Monitor Not Visible...?

Jashley73

Titanium
I was working with a customer today, helping them work through some programming issues, and we began discussing the possibility of using an EIA program, and Macro Variables.

Their machine is a 2004 QTN 250 "Nexus" with a Mazatrol 640T Nexus control. Currently, all of their programming is being done through Mazatrol.

What is strange though, is that their control does not display the "EIA Monitor" soft-key display mode anywhere... I also can't find a similar "Macro Variable" display mode either...

Is there a parameter setting somewhere, that allows you to "display" or "hide" these display modes?

Anyone else run into this same problem on their machine? I can't imagine a 2004 model not having EIA as standard...

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. Thanks.

That sounds like a period of time that EIA was indeed an option. IIRC I fussed at my dealer about not having EIA and they added it. Memory is not great, so that may have been a different control, but it sounds right.

That. Blows.

Is there anywhere to check on the control - a parameter value, description on an "options" screen, or is the "absence" of the EIA display modes the only hint that the "option" is missing....?

I hope you guys are wrong, and that stuff is just hidden, but I fear you're correct.

A "high end" Japanese machine, without the ability to run G-code programs... Just one more reason for me to hate Mazak...

This is easy to check. First hit the left arrow button under the softkeys, that cycles through the different display softkeys. Go to the "Diagnose" screen, then hit "Version" and "Option". If it has EIA/ISO it will be option #2 and in black instead of grayed out.

The Matrix (and newer) controls have a softkey called "Smart Mazatrol" that hides the EIA and Macro variable pages. The idea apparently was to reduce the amount of display choices for operators who would get confused looking for things. There is also a "Smart EIA" button that does a similar thing. Big pain in the ass when somebody accidentally presses it and stuff is hiding.

I don't remember seeing those on a 640T but it might be there.

Thank you CNCHACKER - I will try that the next time I visit the customer. I'm used to working with the Matrix and "Smart" controls, circa 2008 & newer... I don't remember seeing any "Smart" display options on their 640T control.

Thanks again!

Back