Close
Login to Your Account
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Country
    NORWAY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Very interesting and great documentation for the future !

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks.

15) I took the option to pull the whole clamp assembly out of the turret. Using two M10’s and a bar you can jack the assembly until it comes free, you can then lift the whole unit out. There is a small rod that runs through the back that triggers the prox switch for the clamp signal this stays in the turret casting.

img_9416.jpg
    img_9418.jpg
    img_9419.jpg

16) The clamp assembly on the bench with the main rotation spur gear on the back. I ended up cutting a set of tools and spanners in order to lock and undo various parts.

img_9420.jpg
    img_9422.jpg

3. Likes Joe788 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

17) Pulling the spur gear off required a fair amount of force along with a little rotational encouragement. The lower tool locks the turret spindle to the clamp body.

img_9423.jpg
    img_9424.jpg

18) Remove the lock collar and then the bearing casing exposing the bearing on the shaft.

img_9425.jpg
    img_9426.jpg

5. Likes Joe788 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

19)The shaft can then be tapped out the front with the bearing coming off the back when you do this.

img_9427.jpg

20) The first part of the clamp disassembly. There are a total of four parts to come out. You can see the first of 6 o-rings.

img_9428.jpg

Country
    NORWAY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That is a serious amount of rust for something that is supposed to be sealed. Wonder what sort of coolant they ran.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It is always surprising what gets in these things. Some of that coolant has got past three sets of seals. I am also going to have to replace the front wiper seal that sits on the main turret body and seals against the outer shaft. I think this is where the primary issue started. Looking at the seal, half of it is broken away. I finally managed to get the whole thing apart today and found the culprit. The large O-ring that sits on the clamp piston was more square than round, it had also half rolled at some point and was generally in very bad condition. New seals arrived from Mazak late this afternoon so we will see if I can get it back together tomorrow.

Country
    POLAND
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by will_0000 View Post
    It is always surprising what gets in these things. Some of that coolant has got past three sets of seals. I am also going to have to replace the front wiper seal that sits on the main turret body and seals against the outer shaft. I think this is where the primary issue started. Looking at the seal, half of it is broken away. I finally managed to get the whole thing apart today and found the culprit. The large O-ring that sits on the clamp piston was more square than round, it had also half rolled at some point and was generally in very bad condition. New seals arrived from Mazak late this afternoon so we will see if I can get it back together tomorrow.
    Hi. I bought the same machine as yours, but I'm stuck, mazatrol freezes on startup. Made a video.
    Mazak sqt25 error on mazatrol startup - YouTube
    Any suggestions much appreciated.
    It seams like you guys know what you are doing.
    Regards
    Tom

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This is all quite late, the machine was back together just after the last post but I have only know downloaded the pictures. The following shows the final disassembly of the clamp piston and having to pull it apart with jack screws. The main O-Ring can be seen on the inner piston and how it has squared off and rolled.

img_9429.jpg
    img_9430.jpg
    img_9431.jpg
    img_9432.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_9428.jpg  

11. Likes Panza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

All the parts cleaned and checked, the reverse was performed to reassembly. Once the whole clamp assembly has been made up as in the last picture, this can be slide back into the turret and secured. It was then a case of reinserting the driven head and other drive gear items. The drive gear head is a bit of a pain to aliang as you have to slide it back and forth oon its compression coupling as well as rotate it to aliang with the tool holder. The best was I found was to get it near by eye and just snug the coupling, turn on the driven tool at a slow rpm and allow it to self align. It then just needed a few slight tweaks to get it right.

The taper pins were also found to be twisted so the turret had been into something in its past life.

img_9435.jpg
    img_9436.jpg
    img_9437.jpg
    img_9438.jpg
    img_9440.jpg

13. Likes Kaszub, Jgryz450 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for sharing all this information. We have 2 Mazak lathes: 2014 QT-250M and a 2017 QT-250MSY. The design of your machine is very similar. You mentioned you had a service manual you were reading from. Where did you get it? How much did it cost?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When I got the machine it had a box full of documentation including all the mechanical and electrical details. If you are missing some Mazak should be able to supply them if not I have found them on ebay before.

Country
    POLAND
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi.
    On the third photo of your last post, there is a Teflon bush that acts as bearing while turret rotates. Did you measure it? On my lathe it measures 140.2 and shaft is 139.95 and the turret drops a bit while rotating, I wonder if that's the culprit and I should order a new bush or is that OK clearance.

Your post encouraged me to strip my lathe. It's very helpful. Thank you. All the best. Tom

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk