What's new
What's new

New (to me ) Machine Day

MacDaddy

Plastic
Big day tomorrow. 2009 E650H Integrex being delivered to the door.
Excited like a kid heading to the 1st day of school.
Have never programmed or operated one so going to be challenged but looking forward to it.
Will post pics as we go.

Changer and Conveyor.jpgTower and stuff.jpg
Some stuff got shipped ahead - big ol conveyor and the tower plus the tool changer and the chain. Hydraulic tanks and chillers - glad I'm not putting this puzzle together. :crazy:

An E650H Integrex is one big ass machine! :eek: :D

Random youtube video showing this one demo machining a rear axle housing complete in one OP for a semi:

:angry:Found out late yesterday afternoon that my new toy is held up at the border because our crack government wouldn't approve the necessary permits to allow the large load in. So now myself and the machine movers are on hold. :icon_bs:

We have four Integrexes, including one brand new Bartac. Love em. Awesome machines. Have fun and good luck.

Buddy drives from California - spends a week at the border waiting for permits - gets 500ft from our building and gets pulled over by a city cop.
Tells the cop his story - cop says thats too bad - and issues him a ticket for not having the proper permit to drive big load on city streets.
Cops are dicks !

Buddy drives from California - spends a week at the border waiting for permits - gets 500ft from our building and gets pulled over by a city cop.
Tells the cop his story - cop says thats too bad - and issues him a ticket for not having the proper permit to drive big load on city streets.
Cops are dicks !

Waited a week at the fkn boarder and still did not get enough permits? Sounds like a setup. :skep:

ball screw.jpginside1.jpginside2.jpgIt was a long day Friday uncrating the monster but it at least got inside the building. Going to need a little varsol and a scrub brush to pretty it up but from the outset it looks to be in good shape. Ballscrew and ways look good - to my eye anyway.

back.jpg

sounds like a hauler that didn't know his job to me.

Usually these guys use a 3rd party permitting company that is supposed to take care of all these details. They're notoriously unreliable and leave the drivers hanging like this all the time.

Of course, a permitted load is just a rolling cash register and everyone has their hand out. State, county, city, tollway, et al. Here in IL, anything over 120,000lbs is a "super load" and is basically impossible for mortals.

Impossible no... Just really reallllly expensive. A heavy haul friend got fined $35,000 for having three hoses that weren't on the permit. We are talking some suction hoses that go from a tank to a hydro pump. It was like $10k and change per item.

That is a massive machine!

Our part is 110" long approx. with an od approx. 7 - 8" OD and 4.5-6" id.
The operation i need this unit for is to do 2 processes - 1 an outside feature with some profile milling and tapped holes. the other is a grooving/milling op in the end of the workpiece. All the work is done in about a 40" area and I was hoping to find a multi purpose machine with a 1)50 taper milling spindle 2) 60" working length 3)and this was the problem - a chuck with a 10" through bore that I could swallow up a large section to give a little rigidity to the setup rather than the whole thing suspended in air.
This machine came with 3 steadies which I thought would help a lot - however there is only 1 base in the machine. :angry:
Nonetheless, I'm still confident we can make something happen with this baby and once the boss see's that, it will be an easier sell to buy the new one I want - custom built. :D

Back