What's new
What's new

newb needs help inspecting vtc-20c

bubba11

Plastic
hello everybody, i need some pointers on what and how to check out a Mazak vtc-20c. I have no cnc experience, the machines are under power at the moment and i would like to run them before they move them. Here is a list of questions.
1. what is the best way to check spindle condition? test indicator? and does the spindle need to be warmed up before checking? how do you manualy turn the spindle on?
2. how would you manualy check the tool changers?
3. how do you check if it has the rigid tap option?
4. how do you check the x,y,z axis condition
5. what else should i be checking on these?
i am completly ignorant on these machines and any help is greatly appreciated
thanks in advance
Terry

You don't say where you are located in your ID, but ,..................

If you don't have much experience with CNC machines , you more than likely are not going to do service on it when it breaks down either.
So, you might as well get a Mazak service tech or start a relationship with some CNC tech service guy's right now at the start.

For a fee ( well spent money ) you can have the machine inspected . They can inspect the machine and give list of what the machine has as of
options ( the rigid tap , probe , coolant , etc ) , If it's a Mazak tech , they can tell you with the serial # , what it had when it left the factory
and maybe a little history from the factory stand point.

We have been very happy with service and parts for our Mazak's . Even with doing 80% of our service with our people in house , it's still a good
ideal to have the guy's that know the most about them looking at it and maybe you can tap into some of the info they can bring .

Bottom line ,..................... Get a Pro to inspect the machine , have them right it up , and get it in black and white to make an informed decision.

Good luck ,

Back