What's new
What's new

Newbie question again sorry guys

gtp1003

Plastic
I am trying to learn how to program so i can be worth more at work. Since they have me running this msy 250 i also run a nexus 250 single spindle that sometimes we need to write a program for. Where is a place where i can buy a book or do something online so i can learn. When i did the fanuc classes in college i found a virtual program tester in live time. I have no idea if there is one for mazaks or not. I just want to learn so i can be a better employee and be worth keeping around if things get slow. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

HEs got 5 of them and will not let anyone go. Hes to worried about losing how many parts he makes in a day. I just thought there was something online i could read or a book i could buy since the mazak book its pretty vauge in alot of things.

HEs got 5 of them and will not let anyone go. Hes to worried about losing how many parts he makes in a day.

As Tony mentioned, you can do this online as well.

He's worried about losing how many parts in a day? :skep: How about how MORE PARTS HE COULD BE MAKING if he did let people go? The typical American business "slap in the face" is the unwillingness to invest within the business.:nutter:

Thats just the way he is. I asked several times and got the same response 3 times no. I just want to try and learn it on my own to make myself worth more money.

Thats just the way he is. I asked several times and got the same response 3 times no. I just want to try and learn it on my own to make myself worth more money.

Maybe he doesn't WANT to pay you more. I had a boss like that. One time I asked for a raise and he claimed he "could get somebody off the street" to do what I did.
I learned anyway (like you) and WAS worth more and got paid more.
Do it anyway you can. It's either get paid more there or somewhere else. It'll be YOUR choice at that point.
Good luck.

Last night i was trying and i was talking to a guy with alot of years and he said no problem and he will start showing me some stuff as of today thanks for all your input guys i appreciate it!

Back