What's new
What's new

Nexus 250 altering blocks for collant thru

Casvin

Aluminum
Machine Nexus 250 Lathe that will accept a 1 1/2 boring Bar, has anyone modified their tooling blocks with a quick connect system to supply coolant thru small boring bars, please provide a picture. Thank you for the help.

not sure you would call it quick disconnect but my kids just plumb it in with copper tubing and compression fittings

Here are a few pics of how I do it.

First pic shows the loc-line conected to back of a boring bar holder. The bar is NOT collant thru, but pushing the collant in the back of the holder the clooant shoots out around the flats on the bar. Putting a great amount of collant in your part. Way better than a collant line pointing in the hole. Looks like a thru colant tool.

Second pic is how I put the loc-line on the holder. taped a 1/8 pipe in the coolant hole and afew fittings, your ready to go.

Third and forth pics are a thur coolant boring bar loc-line used to plumb in the back of the tool and a 90 degree fitting to keep the back as short as possible.

P1080805.JPGP1080804.JPGP1080806.JPGP1080807.JPG

Split this up next is how I get collant thru some of my insert drills. The drill is already a thru coolant tool. So all I did was make a plug that fits your drill holder drill and tap a pipe fitting. When I put my drills in the machine I put the drill in as normal, then put the plug in the back of the holder. Hook up your loc-loine and presto a coolant thru drill.

Some drill i cut off to allow room for the plug others I made a round spacer I put on the drill shank to allow room behind the drill for the coolant plug.

Then a pic of the loc-line for replaceing the little ball style coolant nozzels mazak gives you.

P1080809.JPGP1080808.JPG

Thanks for the help, Jess in the teflon piece do you have a fitting there also? Mazak doesn't give you much room between the turret and casting when it indexes.

Thanks for the help, Jess in the teflon piece do you have a fitting there also? Mazak doesn't give you much room between the turret and casting when it indexes.

My mazak QT nexus 250-II msy has 4 inches of clearance in the back of the boring bar holder. You can stick a tool out the back 3.75 inches easy and still have room for indexing.

My mazak QT nexus 250-II msy has 4 inches of clearance in the back of the boring bar holder. You can stick a tool out the back 3.75 inches easy and still have room for indexing.

The live-milling Mazak turret is completely different than a standard 2-axis turret.

The live-mill Mazak uses the Mazak-standard VDI toolholders, mounted to side of the tool disk. And yes, this creates a lot of clearance behind the ID holder.

The Mazak 2-axis turret mounts the ID blocks to the side of the tool disk as well, using 4 bolts. The rear of this ID holder block is only about 1/2" away from the turret-box casting, when the turret indexes around. So plumbling this system for thru-the-tool coolant is a bit trickier.

Back