What's new
What's new

Parameter reload T32 control and getting "WN Buss error 0"

Captdave

Titanium
Haven't fired up the QT-8 in several months and of course the backup battery was dead. This machine has had a 10 year history of draining the battery if off too long but that's a different matter all together and has nothing to do with the current issue.

Have a good hard copy of the parameters (been down this road before) so reloading them has never been an issue. Was working on Machine parameter page 11 on either R60 or R61 when the alarm showed up. At this point, the screen is still on but none of the soft keys will allow a page change or a way to get back to the parameter pages.

The complete alarm is: WN buss error 0 PO error at or near $005B0e5C showing up in the upper left hand corner of the screen.

The Parameter book says machine parameter pages 5-11 omitted. :angry: IIRC R49-R80 are bit changes to turn on and off special functions such as R49 bit 2 turns on M codes in auto mode so you can ope/close the chuck for bar feeding, the rest of them I have no clue and suspect that R60 or R61 is what has caused the alarm.

leave it to you Dave
I have never heard of anything even remotely similar to that.
have you tried pulling the battery and letting it go back to blank?

P.S.
you shoulda bought that sqt mill nuckle
heard it went for a hundred bucks along with a whole box of gear motors at the auction

leave it to you Dave
I have never heard of anything even remotely similar to that.
have you tried pulling the battery and letting it go back to blank?
That was my thought as well! Maybe after the holiday I'll get back to it but I'll start with that page first, reloading parameters suck.

Pulled the battery and waited 30 min and restarted the machine and same error. Checked the MC116 board and had 2 red lights on so pulled another board from stock (courtesy of Whippin Boy a few years ago) and installed. Reloaded the parameters and now have 3 alarms.

1. 218 Chucking type not selected. Manual says select either internal or external type of chucking but no explanation as to what parameter that may need to be changed. Switched the selector back and forth no change and no lights on the selector switch.

2. 121 Over Travel +X, +Z, -X. Had in my notes that if over travel after parameter reload, change A9 in the Z column to 99999999 and control off/on then should be able to get movement away from limit switch then reset to previous value, control off then on. May need to resolve the 218 alarm as its a NC alarm before axis will move.

3. 442 Data renewal not allowed. Clears with reset button.

Have not changed the EEprom on the boards as I'm not too sure which it is as it looks like possibly 3 could be removed and replaced, 2 large square ones in the center of the board and one in the lower right corner marked CSI. Any one know which one is the correct one?

MC116 board.jpg

Have a great weekend and remember why we celebrate this weekend!!!!

Dave on my T32 QT28N, you can reload the parameters from the "rom".

Can yours not do this? Would make life a lot easier. I have the procedure somewhere in my files at work. Got it from MEAU, Mazak would have it as well I would think.

Your "chucking type not selected" alarm is most likely a parameter issue. There is one or two that tell the machine the type of chuck...again I've got those parameters and descriptions somewhere at work. :willy_nilly:

Something to try: open electrical cabinet in rear and see if there is a chucking select switch, if so work it a time or two. There may be one behind the little door on the side of the control too...

I will check Tuesday and report back.

Good luck with it!

ToolCat Greg

Hi Greg,
if you'll dig it up I'll give it a shot.

There is a keyed switch on a side panel or select ID or OD chucking and have switched it back and forth several times but no luck.

Spent a little more time on the machine this morning and got the chuck type alarm cleared R61 just a bit change there. Been through all the machine parameters again to verify they are correct.

Was able to home the machine but now just MDI the spindle and it runs in reverse when commanded forward and forward when commanded in reverse:nutter:

May have a little more time this evening to double check the user parameters?

Update

Called Mits and the guy was able to send the re-initialization procedure for a T32-B control that Included pulling the parameters off the eprom as Greg mentioned, can't believed we have owned that machine for 10+ years and didn't have the complete procedure.:angry:

Got me thinking so reinstalled the original MC-116 board with the original software and parameters and followed the new procedure and it transfers all the parameters back into memory, which cleared all the alarms and the spindle runs in the correct direction.:cloud9:

Loaded a couple of proven programs and set a few tools and did a few test cuts and all is well. The only issue was the tool setter was off by .105" in X, checked the notes in the parameter book for the last time I calibrated the tool eye and it was the same as before so not sure why it would have changed.

Anyways, we have a nice little job to run in it this week so if anything abnormal come up I'll let you know.

If anyone needs this procedure PM me for a copy.

I'm dumber everyday Dave
been years since I actually touched one of these things
I'm working from nothing but muscle memory now.

Captdave... would you send me the initialization procedure for t32 control please and than you. mi0lll.cq at gmail dot com

Hi captdave could you please send me the procedure and paramters

Called Mits and the guy was able to send the re-initialization procedure for a T32-B control that Included pulling the parameters off the eprom as Greg mentioned, can't believed we have owned that machine for 10+ years and didn't have the complete procedure.:angry:

Got me thinking so reinstalled the original MC-116 board with the original software and parameters and followed the new procedure and it transfers all the parameters back into memory, which cleared all the alarms and the spindle runs in the correct direction.:cloud9:

Loaded a couple of proven programs and set a few tools and did a few test cuts and all is well. The only issue was the tool setter was off by .105" in X, checked the notes in the parameter book for the last time I calibrated the tool eye and it was the same as before so not sure why it would have changed.

Anyways, we have a nice little job to run in it this week so if anything abnormal come up I'll let you know.

If anyone needs this procedure PM me for a copy.

I'm dealing with the same problem and was looking to make sure my parametes book is correct. Im brand new to the cnc world and looking to gather all the info I can get to get my machine up and running
Thanks, Nick
Email is [email protected]

captdave could you send me the same plus I would like to compare parameters for the t32-2 on what I have
thanks Nick iserveothers04 at dotcom

Nick, Are you asking for the re-initialize procedure for T-32 control? Also, That looks like an incomplete email address?

I am new to this site sorry if I post more then one message with the same thing
[email protected]
And yes I am looking for the re installation instructions plus parameters to compare
And have a few questions for you on a phone call if alright
Thanks nick

Back