What's new
What's new

Post for SQT18M

cgmaster

Cast Iron
I am getting my new lathe in about a week. IT is a SQT18M with T-Plus control. I have been using Inventor HSM for my milling operations and am looking for a post for the Mazak SQT18M. Where is the best place to go for this. I placed a work ticket into autodesk about a week ago and have not had any luck. Is there anyone that can create a post for this machine?

I have a generic Mazak post but I believe it is missing the live tooling for the c axis. Would it be possible to use this post for the turning ops then program the milling operations on the lathe if it came to that until I learn Mazatrol?

I do have ISO / EIA enabled.

I am considering also getting one of those program transfer devices. I see several on ebay that take USB or internal memory. I think they transfer through DNC. Does anyone have any experience with these?

Sorry never used USB device to transfer programs, all my machines are connected to WiFi thru RS232.

Our SQT15M has the enable EIA option but the machine doesn't physically have it as an option though. We use Griffo Bros. To communicate with our lathe just to save Mazatrol backups as well as our other EIA machines. I hear there are cheaper RS232 options for what your looking for out there though

Back