What's new
What's new

Probe install on a Mazak? Cost?

Tom3197

Hot Rolled
Anyone know off hand what the cost is to install a renishaw probe deal on a Mazak? Just curious. I'm getting reeeaaaallllly tired of using a F$#%^@ edge finder. I have a probe on my Haas VF3 and have become very spoiled with how much easier things are with it and what you can do with it.

Thanks

I don't know if this helps at all, but I installed the Renishaw tool arms on the lathes.
MAZAK cost - $2000.00
I got the toolsetters from renishaw for $900 and would charge $1000 total.
That was a few years ago, but I'd order direct from them if you could.

Edit.
This was just the tool "eye" of course, not the whole arm.

- Renishaw OMP probe and probe tapper > around 2000$
- Renishaw software > around 1000 $
- 3 days mazak guy for cable and test ..

Always Better price to have it from factory than retrofit after..

3 days is a rip off.
1 day should be o.k. unless u-get major problems
i have installed a few.
the control before the fusion was m+.
when you buy from renishaw you get easy to follow instrutions.

OMP40 probe install on 410A-II ?

I have a similar question to the original poster, so I'm placing it in this thread as well...

A good friend with a 2007 MAZAK 410A-II running the Matrix control wants to install a workpiece probing system. His local MAZAK distributor quoted $10k and change for a Rennishaw OMP40 probe and install. This seemed rather high to me, but I purchased all of my OMP40s from Haas when I purchased my machines, so it might just be a combination of "prepackaged" discount, less expensive electronics and/or less complex install. On the other hand, he received a quote from Rennishaw directly for $12k :eek: !

Anyway, I was just looking for another data point to offer him so he knows whether $10k is typical for this upgrade.

Thanks!

Mike

Well I abandoned the probe install plans for these machines. I have 2 HTC-400's. Apparently the HTC's are not "pre wired" for the probe where as all the more premium Mazak models like the FH480, FH4800 etc all have the hardware "pre wired". I've basically resigned myself to not worrying about it and it'll just be an included option on my next machine which doesn't look like its too far down the road.

Aside from that, I have a great service guy that quoted 6-8K to have a probe installed. The swing in the price depended on the specific machine and what was needed, but its a ballpark price.

The hardware for the probe install is cheap. The ridiculously high price from Renishaw covers their guy flying out there, and any "what if" scenarios.

I paid 10K for an MP10 install on a used Fanuc controlled HMC about 8 years ago, and the Renishaw guy had the optical receiver installed, parameters set, and probe calibrated in 4-5 hours. Somebody who really knows what they are doing can make quick work of it.

Gentlemen,
I have a stupid question, If you have a mazak that is able to probe in mazatrol, can you take the renishaw macros from another mazak that is probeing in EIA and make the mazatrol mazak probe in EIA.
Renishaw macros would come from a fusion 640m and go in to a M plus or M32 control. I know certain parameters would have to be turned on so EIA would read offsets from tool data page. Thanks :smoking:

Tom and Joe,

Thanks for the feedback. That helps us understand the quotation is not too far out of line for installing a probe on a MAZAK VMC after it's on the shop floor.

Mike

Back