What's new
What's new

Problems FREQROL SPINDLE DRIVE

CNCMECHATRONIC

Plastic
Hi guys,

I have a problem witha a mazak horizontal machine , this machine show alarm 51 spindle alarm in the CRT sreen .

To review the conrol cabinet, the FREQROL spindle drive is off the light of display and LEDS is not light.
I begin to check the incomin voltage in 3 phases and have 200VAC also check fuses for blown posible but this is ok , the voltage incoming to SF-PW ( power supply) is a 200VAC in the 2 phases .

And to check visuality the power supply (sf-pw) this not light the internal LED and dont have out voltage.

Someone can helpme whit this problem ?

Thanks .....

Mitsubishi MEAU have their manuals accessible at: Mitsubishi Electric Automation Inc. - Download.

Go to the site, select manuals then select FR spindle drives in the CNC section. There is an FR-SF troubleshooting manual in there somewhere.

I don't know about the FR-SF. The older Frequol drives like the FR-SE had a big mother circuit breaker towards the bottom. Newer machines may have a circuit breaker away from the drive somewhere. Try cycling the breaker off then on again.

If this doesn't help or doesn't change the condition, what machine and control is it?

Best O' Luck

sometimes the drive power supply dies and that kills the whole drive triggering error 51. I have one out now for repair.... google your power supply part number and you should come up with a repair service provider

disconnect the top card and turn on breaker to see if the power supply led comes on. if still no led send power supply out for repair

power supply is your sf-pw

Behind the SF-PW on the right side is the terminal strip that FR-PW. is powered from. Make sure you have your 200 volts here. Measure phase to phase and not to ground.

AC power in, with no power out, means a bad power supply.

I just changed one out last month

Bill

Back