What's new
What's new

program transfer

I use one but not from that manufacturer. It uses the FTDI chip though. I have had it close to 4 years now with never a problem. This is the one I got. Now that I have DNC4U the signal indicators don't matter, not that I ever found them very useful anyway.

What software are you planing to use?
If you dont have any software yet and only need to store programs on a PC or server I would suggest http://mazview.com/
It will only transfer from machine to PC and back again, there is also a view function that I find a Little limited.
It has no editing function at all but the price is good.

Thanks for the feedback. I am probably going to start with the free cadem software. I have not used Mazatrol so that is not a big deal to me.

Thanks for the feedback. I am probably going to start with the free cadem software. I have not used Mazatrol so that is not a big deal to me.

IOGear makes a product called GUC232A. After trying several USB serial ports with a range of failure through some level of success, it is the one I have continued to use across windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 and now with a laptop in Windows 10.

It has a standard 9 pin connector with male contact pins in a female housing, so you'll need a 25 pin converter plug or cable. I use a "null modem" cable that has a 9-pin on one end.

It works well with Cadem, but you need to ensure that you plug it into the same USB port on the computer each time, or else you'll have to change the port number in cadem each time.

This one was the first one that came up on ebay with a search for "GUC232A".
NEW IOGEAR USB to Serial/ PDA Converter Cable | eBay

Back