What's new
What's new

Proper way to Multi-task machine on Ct4500

walesham

Plastic
In would like some input on this one.I'm doing this on a Cybertech 4500,MT-pro,in Mazatrol.I'm wanting to bore on a steady rest & after the ID is complete,I have the tailstock programmed to come up so I can complete the OD work.:angry::angry::confused:

Here's the problem :confused:,I can't combine the od & Id together in the same program.The 1st program is on a steadyrest it faces off and bores the ID.In the set up page I have tailstock unused . The 2nd program for the OD ,I have the tailstock as being used.

Another problem with not combining programs is that when I teach the face on the 1st program ,I cant forget to teach the face on the 2nd program because they are ran in the same setup.

Any sugestions?

i would cal up a sub program and in the setupsheet put the tailstock as used but no values given
i am doing a few parts on a 100m i face and centerdril then the tailstock comes in doing a profile in the subprogram and puts the tailstock back then i go back to the main program to cut the part off.
just watch out tha the turrets fully retracts or the tailstock will hit your turret and that ain fun either and dont ask me how i know :D

Back