What's new
What's new

QT-10 with T3 Alarm 150 illegal pocket no.

atomas

Plastic
Hi everyone,
some of you might have read my thread about a drive axis alarm. Finally it seems to be a faulty drive. Here's another chapter in the saga of the guy who wants to put an old Mazak back to life and learn to use it!

Since I had no more drives problem, I started by making sure everything works fine. I manually moves X and Z and home them. Then I stick the tool-changer out and indexed until I have been all the way around. Put tool back in place and locked it. Jogged the spindle, moved the tailstock, it seems that everything works fine.

Now I wanted to see this machine moves by itself. So I started to fool around with the control to see if I could program something. At one point I heard something clicks in the electrical cabinet and got that weird alarm "150 illegal pocket no." Has I used to do up to now, I turned the power off and back on. Surprise! I still have this 150 alarm and the hydro pump didn't kicked in...On the screen it seems like there are numbers missing, like there is no feedback on anything. In the electric cab everything looks fine.

Is it me or this one is a b**ch! Any help would be welcome.

Mike

P.S. Philabuster, it's a real neat toaster you showed me...I'm thinking about it!

The mazatrol programming page is full of "not so funny" symbols...

The diagnosis page show something weird too...PC 400*
Isn't it supposed to be 425 B or C? I don't know what could cause this but it sure look serious...

Mike

Last edited:
Sounds like parameter damage
Agreed.

Go back and check params match what you entered. Hydraulic pump not turning on is easily due to corrupted params.

If the parameters entered told the machine it had an 8 station turret and the tool changer clicked to tool 9 to 16, you would get that alarm.

Getting a new alarm is frustrating for sure, but believe it or not, it does indicate you are making progress. :)

Parameters...:angry:
YESSSSS!!! I got it back to life! I still don't undertstand why, but all parameters where reset to zero...? Is it Mazak usual behavior or is it just my old bastard who does this? Anyway, for now it looks good. I've been able to move everything, X-Z-C, jog milling and spindle, change tool(forgot to move tail stock though).

The only thing left to do is to learn how to use it! Many hours of fun ahead.

Without you this baby would have finished at the scrapyard.
Thank you so much for your help!

Mike

Without you this baby would have finished at the scrapyard.
Thank you so much for your help!

Mike
Nahh, you would have still traded it for a nice toaster. ;)

The parameters may have been lost due to the batteries not being fully charged after you replaced them. Parameters are only stored as long as batteries maintain the memory. Good NiCads will let the machine sit idle for 6 months without a problem.

Stick with it. We will help you make chips soon.

Learning Mazatrol is easy. In a nutshell, you tell the machine what you want the part to look like. The machine will then handle the toolpath.

For me, the control really speaks well to me. I get irritated when I have to run a G-code machine--regardless of age--because they are so 'dumb' compared to my 25 year old Mazak.

I'm spoiled and I know it. :D Soon, you too will know why I feel that way. :)

Back