What's new
What's new

QT15 - T2 Flashes F1 -21 -F2 -22 Repeats

lalatheman

Hot Rolled
QT15 - T2 Was functioning OK , using temperary 3 phase hookup. Let it sit a few months , then put permenant 3 phase to it in conduit.

On attempted startup the CRT screen and the cooling fans are all that comes on.

An error code 9 appears in red on the screen, with the message

" Detecting no signal"

X axis displays ****.*** and Y axis has no characters displayed.

I've checked voltages everywhere I can find and all fuses are OK.

Interchanged two legs of incoming power , no change.

In the electrical cabnet the top left board Flashes F1 -21 -F2 -22 Repeats

Repeats . . . .

Hydraulic pump doesn't come on

Any thoughts ?

David Lawrence

Suggestion

Hello, you may want to contact "Captdave" he is a member of this forum and in my opinion, very savvy with phase converters, he also had a number of road blocks, which I think are similar to yours, when he first got his QT-8 going.

You can find him and all his posts by doing a "Member Search"

Best of luck, sorry I can't help you here!

:willy_nilly:SteelCutter:crazy:

Could be your parameters are scrambled due to being shut down for a long time.

You can re-initalize the control, and re-enter the parameters by hand, if necessary. The T2's only have about 5 pages of parameters.

You will have to search here or over at cnczone.com for the re-initialization procedure for a T2.

Good luck,

Greg

book says no feedback from x-axis

i'd call mits and ask about that alarm before i initialized control
847-478-2500

mostly in same area as this one

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/showthread.php/alarm-13-qt15-t2-186556.html

or not

reach in when machine is turned off and turn screws by hand,back and forth a bunch
then try again
probly a hinky resolver

or not
could be a drive too
mits can tell you from that flashing code

Thanks for all the input

Yikes . . . . even a whisper of the thought of MAYBE reinitializing . . . .

However this current situation pans out, it looks like its time to move toward battery replacement.

Called MITS and WOW instantly was connected to a tech who said the F1 -21. . . F2- 22 flashes were feedback signal problem indications for both axises.

First thing this morning I'm going to Twist the ballscrews ( powered off )

It rasied the electric bill almost 200$ to let the rotary phase converter run 24/7 just to keep power to the machine so the battery would'nt be draining.

If a person could get in far enough to feed a small whatever needed DC voltage into the battery board area. . . . .running a small power supply from 120 vac
It would make sense, this machine is going to sit unpowered most of the time.

Thanks ALL

David Lawrence

Dreaded dead battery

David,

I have a similar problem with my QT8 and the battery going dead. The MC116 card has a higher than normal draw and it will kill a new 200 mil/amp battery in 3-4 days. I picked up 3 D cell rechargeable Nicad 7,000 Mil/amp battery's and a battery box from radio shack, wired them directly to the battery card. They have been in use for about a year and even with the machine off for several weeks, I have never had to charge them.

The only thing I see is when I first power up, the battery alarm comes on, clear it and good to go!

Capt Dave,

Try replacing the super cap on the MC116. It's usually located in one of the corners. That's if you curious on solving the issue.

Regards,

Chippy

I love the Idea of replacing the battery with a heavy duty inexpensive outboard unit. Cirrent flow could possibly be monitored.

Manually turned both ballscrews , that didn't help both Axis DRO's are filled with X's or maybee asterisks.

An unexpected find hanging inside the door in a sealed plastic envelope is a 3 1/2 inch disk Marked

QT15 backup disk 4/13/2006 and the machine's serial number

David Lawrence

look around in the parameters and the diagnosis pages
unless you see a bunch or asterisk's and funny signs there i don't think it's a parameter based problem

it could be but thats not my gut
my gut is corroded something somewhere killing the feedback
since it's both axis i suppose it could be in the drive

call mits again and ask if there is any way to trouble shoot it to find out between resolvers and drive

Flashing LEDs on a T2?

What type servo drives are installed on this machine? Originally the T2 had TRA DC servo amplifiers. The flashing LEDs sound like a MRS or a MDS type servo drive and they are AC. They are also buss linked to the NC which the T2 is not capable.

Hi Chippy,

I'm currently running that machine around 10 hrs a day for the next several weeks and not going to touch a thing right now. I think someone else may have mentioned that as well in another post and remember seeing what I thought was the cap.

Six months or so ago I took it with me to simulator training and had the electricians that work on the simulators bench test it and they didn't find any glaring problems. Of course when I contacted Mits to get some specs that they needed for a closer evaluation they clammed up. Can't blame them really since that's how they make there money in repairs.

Thanks for the tip though, I may get to it one day.

I have found every time so far that asterisks and odd characters appear on the screen is a sign the parameters need reloading.
Minder.

There were a few funny characters on the programming screen, switching screens and coming back they were gone.

It has MRS ac servo drive. Called mits about troubleshooting between the resolvers and the drive and they were vague. Begain finding the way around the meau.com site and found a document

"How to eleminate the MRS servos from the control system"

Trying to do this famailarized me with the cards, have not found the four switch dip block on the NC's MCU card , its a FX701

Removed the FX884 memory board from the NC battery says 3.6 volts on case, read 3.78 volts across terminals with board out.

Reinstalling the board it didn't fit right , realized it was not in the bottom track, removed inserted properly latches clicked retainer bars, screws reinstalled power on and, , , , , , ,

CRT screen now shows alternating horizontal bands aprox. one inch wide alternating grey and fuzzy blueish

David Lawrence

The procedure you are trying to use, 'How to elininate a drive from the CNC' is for a M32 control. This is the reason you cannot find the 4 block dip switch that you are searching.
HTH Lee

OK thanks Lee.

Reseated the memory card , now the normal video screen appears. In the program file page there is all asterisks and a column of "funny" characters .

On the opening page of the program menu there are 'funny" characters that won't go away

Tried changing parameters manually by

(1st) putting the cursor on a parameter value

(2nd) inputing a new number

(3rd) pressing input

could not get param values to change

also tried inputting same numerical value as in a slot , but with a neg sign , no go so far.

Thanks
Daavid Lawrence

Back