What's new
What's new

QT15 T2 Parameters reload help

Andrew M.

Aluminum
Here we go again, the old QT15 got me cornered once more ... The low battery alarm which i had seen recently , but always cleared up after few minutes of powering ON , finally turned into a "parity error" right when i replaced the batteries .
Re-installed the parameters by hand (Most, not all), cleared all the corrupted pages, dumped tool setup, chuck, material, programs and pretty much all the pages that showed **** **** , cleaned all up ( I think )
Re-initialized the memory by turning On the second switch on FX701 powering up for few minutes and than returning it back to the original setting. The memory parity error cleared , the control came on but i still have few issues that got me brain-dead ...
The X axis is very sluggish even with the hand wheel it appear to have a delay in responding ... On the parameter page as i mentioned, some of the parameters are not allowing any change , this are the K49 to K96 , They all were Zero now they have all kind of mostly negative numbers and I can`t change them ! Also on parameter page 1 there are some values on the "C" axis column that cannot be turned to Zero ( MC and LP ) and i do not even have the C axis
I know I`m doing something wrong , but I can`t put my finger on it ( wrong initialization procedure ? Hidden parameters? protected parameters? ) and today this big blue box got the best of me. If somebody has a hint or a suggestion or something, anything, please throw it at me, tomorrow i will try again
Thank You in advance
A.M.

I had a similar issue with certain parameters that would not allow me to change them. Call MEAU and ask them for the memory clearing procedure that is done with the serial cable connecting a laptop directly to the control. I have lost mine, or I would send it to you. They will send you a pinout for the cable, too.

That will blank the whole control, and get rid of any stubborn parameters.....then you can start fresh.......again.:)

Hope that helps,

Mike

You know with the Mazak folks here in Suwanee I would think help wouldnt be much of a problem locally. Are they useless with the older machines?

Charles

There is a specific procedure to re-initialize the T2 control. (More than just what you did.) MEAU can send you the procedure. Even with the correct procedure, sometimes you have to do it more than once to get it to "take".

Good luck,

Greg

Back