What's new
What's new

Quick turn 15 PLC battery

BigD_tech

Plastic
I am in the process of changing the batteries for the PLC memory on all the CNCs in the shop and I can not find where the battery is located on our Mazak Quick Turn 15. Or what type of battery it is. I am starting to guess it is soldered to a buried board. Any one help me out? It would be greatly appreciated.
And I don't have complete manuals for this machine, but it is not in the info I do have.

Hi, I would like to help, but I'm in the same boat! Just bought a 1990 QT-15, T-32 batteries are dead, control only comes up with "bus error, on or near"?? Machine has been powered down for a couple years! So as soon as you find out where they are, I would like to know! Sorry I can't be of help.. I too have no manuals.. Why don't people just throw them in the back of the machine???? I think possibly they can be downloaded on Mazak website.

Well, I finally found it. It is on a board, on my QT-15 it is on board FX727. It is actually 3 button style batteries. The packaging is labeled as rechargeable. My board is in the rack on the bottom left side of the main electrical cabinet. I will try to post a pic. Hope this helps Pantera79.image.jpg

Thanks, I found it today to. I will need to re-intialize my control, Mazak is faxing me the directions in the morn. If you need, let me know.

alot if people try to save a couple bucks going to batteries plus and the like
about half the time those things have clearance issues.
I jyst bite the bullitt and five Mitsubishi a call
foe as often as you dont need to replace them 50 bucks ain't that much.
what up bigD!!
im right across the bridge if you need any help

Well, I finally found it. It is on a board, on my QT-15 it is on board FX727. It is actually 3 button style batteries. The packaging is labeled as rechargeable. My board is in the rack on the bottom left side of the main electrical cabinet. I will try to post a pic. Hope this helps Pantera79.View attachment 127053

And in the grey plastic T32 controller on the left side. And on the fx84 card IIRC.

Back