What's new
What's new

reduce cutting depth mazak lathe

not possible in mazatrol

The radial DOC per pass for roughing is a constant number and cannot be decreased to a min as multiple passes are performed.

I think USER MACRO B in EIA and some real good programming could get you where you want to go.

Same end might be possible with EIA and CAM system?

-90% Jimmy

The radial DOC per pass for roughing is a constant number and cannot be decreased to a min as multiple passes are performed.

Actually, there is a parameter that allows the DOC to decrease for each pass. Look in your Mazatrol manual.

Toolcat... (mazatrol decrease)

Thanks for the reply.. but I am having a hard time finding it. our control is a 640t Nexus... Have you been able to do this with mazatrol programming?

Thanks again...

K1 parameter from the book

This is a cut and paste from a Fusion T parameter manual:

K1 = Cut depth reduction rate for rough cutting
in bar machining unit (BAR)

Cut depth can be reduced as remaining workpiece thickness becomes
less in rough cutting in bar machining unit (BAR). Reduced cut depth (A)
can be expressed by
A = T ×K1/100
where T=Remaining thickness (radial value).
Note:
Up to 100 % can be set.

VERY GOOD WORK, CNCTOOLKAT!

Looks like this could achieve the goal! It also looks like some test programs and tool path checking will be needed to verify and master this K1 parameter!
I have NEVER USED THIS and I sure hope it works for you!

-90% Jimmy

Part of the fun of Mazatrolling is to uncover these gems of capability and make them work! I also think the first guy that converts "jinglish" cnc manuals into colloquial American english will become a millionaire!

Rats. I just tried it too, after reading PDM's post. Didn't work for me either. I also have a 640T Nexus control.
Tried K1 in both TPC and in the parameters.
K33 and K34 don't work in TPC but they do in the parameters so I was hoping.
No luck.

Back