What's new
What's new

Removing tool from spindle without M19

ggborgen

Aluminum
Gentlemen,
I just got done calibrating the probe with a ring gage and I go to remove my indicator from the spindle but it will not let me without M19. So I did an M19 and the spindle did the M19 at worp factor 9 and liquiafid my indicator, I mean I can not find a trace of the darn thing. So if I MDI a spindle speed of 200 will the M19 be done at 200rpm or is there a better way of getting around this issue. I like to mount the indicator before I put the tool holder in the spindle. This is the second time this has happen to me and it's starting to hurt because they were Interapid. The control is a Fusion 640M on a 6800 horizontal. Thanks :smoking:

On one of the ATC maintenance menus there should be a soft key that says "Tool Unclamp OK". If you highlight it then you can release the tool with the key switch without orienting and launching your indicator into hyperspace.
You have to go to manual mode though to get the maintenance pages up but if you are just popping the tool out it shouldn't matter.
And no, 200 RPM spindle speed comand will not influence the orient speed. It is controlled by parameter.

Use an indicol instead of mounting the indicator directly into the collet holder (or whatever).... or a precision drill chuck which you can tighten or loosen while the holder is in the spindle by hand. (Don't need to torque it to sweep a ring gage).

Also another trick for this.... When you're done indicating, turn your tool holder so that the you're much closer to orient position ... say within 5 or 10 degrees. Then orient the spindle, it's not so violent since it's only rotating that little amount.

What Leelund described for the "Tool Unclamp OK" button works fine also.

Back