What's new
What's new

running iso subprogram in mazatrol

woopededoo

Plastic
Hi all, my first post after scanning these threads for info for many years, so thank you for all the help.

I am trying to run an ISO sub program in a mazatrol main program.

The WPC is set as normal and the units in the main program run fine.

However when the ISO subprogram is called the machine wants to run at a different position.

Is this normal?

Do i have to tell the subprogram where my WPC is set?

Any help would be great, Thank You.

You must be attempting this on a mill or Integrex.I don't think your sub program will read a Mazatrol WPC. You will probably need a G54 in your subprogram. We run strictly Mazatrol, so this is just my best guess.

Use G53 or G53.5 (Mazatrol WPC on integrexes). Or just strip any work offsets out of the ISO sub & it will inherit the current work offset (MAZATROL) as well. If a sub is called when there is an active WPC-Shift that can make things go to the wrong place as well.

As zak300sy said, be sure there are no G5x's in the EIA program. The sub will use the WPC from the main program UNLESS you have used a mazatrol 'offset' line . . . eia will ignor the offset and use the wpc.

Don't know anything about integrex's, just 3 axis, so take the normal grain of salt.

thank you all for your responses and sorry for my delay in response, i havent had a chance to get back to this job since but will give the g53 a try. Yes should have stated it is an integrex. the iso program is simple xyz moves so i thought it would inherit the main programs wpc like you said.

Back