What's new
What's new

Skipping to specific line --- Mazatrol Matrix Nexus 2

SNZO

Plastic
I have a machinist that is having a hard time figuring out how to skip to a specific line in the middle of a 5 Axis program.

I added "N" lines at the beginning of a few lines in the middle of the program but he cant figure out how to start the program at that specific line.

Anyone know how to do this?
Im sure its a basic thing to do but we are just getting into the 5 axis stuff. We're worried that we may need to start somewhere in the middle of a 6 hour cut if a tool breaks.

Mazak 500a 5X.

Go into EIA Monitor after resetting, find the N line number you want and highlight that line. Hit the "Restart2 Nonmodal" soft key. Then go back to position page, hit single block (for safety in case you selected the wrong line), then cycle start. The program will jump down to where you selected and start from there.

Make sure all your offsets, modal commands, etc are re-called in the program! This nonmodal restart means the control will ignore everything previous to it. There is a modal restart also available on the position page, but most people don't use it, myself included. It takes a little while to search through the program and can sometimes do weird things, like extra tool changes, to get back to where it was.

Hope that helps.

Back