What's new
What's new

smw bar feeder

superair

Plastic
Anybody out there have an smw space saver bar feeder running on their Mazak. We some how lost the program that had all the M codes in it to make it work. It would be great if I could get a copy of a mazatrol program. Thanks in advance for any help.

If your machine has a Mazak interface the codes would be M68 and M69. One feeds the bar and the other loads a new bar. I have seen them hooked up either way. I can look for a program on Monday. Do you have a space saver or space saver 2005?

Mazatrol program format:

Common Unit

M-code unit:

1) M5, M9, M69

Manual program unit: (Used for bar feeding with pusher)

2) G0 X0 Z1 M6 (absolute mode)
3) G1 Z-.xxx F100 M68
4) G4 X2
5) G1 Z .03 M7
6) G4 X2
7) G0 Z1 M8

Edge face unit:

explanation:
1) M5 spindle stop, M9 coolant off, M69 to read end of bar sensor

2) Rapid feeds bar stop into a safe position in front of the chuck. M6 opens chuck. Depending on bar feeder parameters, pusher may engage when chuck is opened.

3) Feeds (in IPM) to position of cut off stock (-.xxx is actual position.) M68 engages pusher, if required.

4) G4 X2 is programmed dwell to allow pusher to reach end of bar if feeder is slower pneumatic type. X2 = # seconds dwell

5) Feed .030 in front of part 0 to allow stock for facing. M7 closes chuck.

6) Dwell to allow pusher to retract out of spindle before spindle is turned on.

7) Rapid move to safe position. M8, turn on coolant. Normal Mazatrol programming will take over from here.

I use Program # 9999 set in parameters for loading a new bar once the last part sensor is read. If you want, I can email you samples of each bar feeding and bar loading programs.

Thanks for the help. Those sound like the M codes I'm looking for. We have two spacesavers now. One of them was hooked to the machine and working about six months ago before the machine broke down. We also just bought one and would like to hook it to another machine. So I have a few projects ahead of me and would like to be prepared. If it is not to much trouble I would like to take a look at an example program. Thanks agian.

What types of machines are hooked to your barfeeders. I going to put one on a QT15 and one on a QT18. Any complaints about these or things to look for. We have some bar feeders but the are all for 12 foot bars.

We have several QT-6's and a Nexus 100 equipped with bar feeders. The bar feeders have been switched around from different machines. They have been on a QT-20 and QT-25 with no problems. You just need the bar feeder interface from Mazak for each machine that will use one.

I am looking for help operating a SMW 2300 barfeeder. I have no manual or user guide.

Can any one supply a sample program?

It is connected to a Ikegai tcr15 with a OT control.

Any help would be appreciated.

Back