What's new
What's new

Sold Integrex - Tooling and accesories for sale

Stuart Caruk

Stainless
Well, it's official. I've outgrown my Integrex and most of the work I'm currently doing would best be done on a horizontal with a full 4th axis. I don't have room for both, and I'm moving towards a linear pallet pool with a couple horizontals. I've just finished blocking up my Integrex and installing the transit clamps. I shut off the power for the last time... kind of like pulling the plug on a loved one... sniff...

My Integrex is going to a very good home that makes some wickedly cool, designed for Integrex manufacturing type parts.

When I tooled up my Integrex I planned on getting 3, and negotiated a good deal by buying all the tooling up front, so I have stink loads of KM63XMZ tooling available. Some of it is going with my machine, the rest I'm selling off to those who have a good use for it. The remainder will go to work on our old smart turns. They use KM63 UTM tooling, and all of the XMZ tools will work great in extensions, just not in the magazine directly.

I've got dozens of ER32 KM63XMZ collet holders in short and long lengths, KM53 extensions, KM63 to KM50, KM40, and KM32 extensions with all the boring, turning and grooving tools you would need for small and large bores. If you want to get the most rigid boring tools, you can beat the smaller KM integrated bars, you'll just need these KM adapters to make the system work. They are WAY better and more rigid than a bar in a boring bar holder.

I have neutral profiling tools in CNMG and VNMG versions, (the VNMG were custom made for me and work fantastic for fine detailed profiling in tight areas without walking the inserts like the Rouse Arno tools do) loads of CNMG and VNMG OD turning tools, threading tools, cut off blocks, groove tools, etc. I also have several KM Universal flash tools (they hold 4 @ KM25 or 3225 heads) and the custom Mazak multipurpose flash tools, gauge test bars, KM63 blanks for making your own tools and part pullers, etc.

I have loads of new soft jaws for kitagawa 8" chucks, in both steel flat and pointed and aluminum pie jaws.

If you have an Integrex Mark IV, then you know the KM63XMZ tooling was designed specifically for it. This is a great time to acquire loads of tools for reasonable prices. I'm also quite willing to trade for 400mm tombstones, collet type multipart fixtures on 400mm tombstones, chick or kurt 400mm tombstones, , chick or kurt double vices, or lista type tool storage cabinets. I also have a need for several pallets for a Kitamura HX-400i if you have a line on any used ones.

I have a seat of Mazacam from Solutionware for sale. It has the mill / lathe and live tooling modules specifically for the Integrex and allows you to post or modify files for any Mazak control. It also lets you spit out code with canned cycles for most any machine. As a Mazatrol editor it works very well, and even allows cycles you can't obtain on your Mazak at the control like X/C pocket milling cycles. List price is $10,500 for the package. I spoke with Solutionware, and this package can be upgraded to the most current version for $1500, and the licence can be transferred for $1500. I'll sell it (or trade it) for $6500 and I'll pay the licence transfer fee, and upgrade it to the current version. This gets you 1 year of free training (their online training is great and without their support I'd have ditched my Integrex early on) and 1 year of free upgrades. It's a great deal fro someone who needs to program an Integrex of any flavor in Mazatrol.

If you have any use, fire me off an email to [email protected]

I'm unlikely to own a Mazak again in the near future. I'll stick with something that programs conversationally in EIA, so I'll have little use for a Mazatrol specific software program. I already have other programs for EIA multi axis work.

Vici is going to be pulling her help files from her web page as she switches over to EIA entirely, so if you borrowed any of her info from
http://victoriacaruk.com/Vici-Integrex-Utilities.html
you might want to put it back before it's gone completely...

I'd like to thank all you guys for your help over the years. This forum has been my #1 source of help with weird Integrex issues. I'm amazed at the wealth of collective knowledge available. It beats the heck out of Mazaks tech support. I may check in from time to time to see what cool ideas you guys come up with, but for now I'm going to concentrate on mastering a Kitamura HX400i.

Oh, and before you ask, with the exception of 3 parts, I can make almost all of them on a horizontal and a chucker lathe for far less cost than I can on the Intgrex, so I'll be continuing to manufacture most of the parts we currently produce. I'm working with another Integrex owner to lease machine time to produce the remainder of the parts.

Thanks for all the help guys! Keep removing chips to get to the cool parts underneath.

Stu

Tombstones

Stu,

Check out Chick, if you trade in one tombstone you can get two new tombstones for the price of one, I will let you figure out the rest.
Got a couple of Horizontals, no palletpools though, I would like to get into the Integrex world some day, your story is almost depressing, I will keep my hopes up, in a job shop, you never know.
My first horizontal, I bought 2 chick 4 sided tombstones vises, great shape, $3,500, about five years ago. Never see deals like that anymore. This go around, bought a 36" cast iorn angle plate from Wisconsin, sawed in in half, mounted 2 6" kurts on each for a big job I got, worked great. I do not even think you can buy a side by side setup, too bad though, job is done, comming off for the new chicks, perhaps that is why no one makes them, whish I had a pallet pool, I know I will ned them again!

Good luck!

LandM1

Don't get me wrong, the Integrex is a kick ass machine and does very high tolerance work. It's also full of little idiosyncrasies that once understood are easy enough to work around. The sad reality is that it's also very complex, and there are very few Integrex specific gurus that work on them. When you think about it, How likely is it that you will find an applications engineer skilled in the mechanical functions, pneumatics, hydraulics, the electronic side of the PLC's drives and control, and Mazatrol program for turning, milling and multiple head operations. In our area the answer is not very many. Near the central US and around Kentucky your odds go up dramatically.

Ultimately it comes down to how much faith you have in the machine, and the support for it. Whether you own it outright, finance it, or lease it, an Integrex is worth $300 a day + just sitting on the floor. This means that you need to generate at least that much income from it before you can show a profit. On the right jobs, that's super easy. When it's broken down, has been for over 27 days, and Mazak can't even tell you when they can get a tech to you... well then it starts to get annoying. What irks me is that the fix took less than 30 minutes of tuning to address. Sadly the downtime also cost $54,000. IS it any wonder that people look for support and reliability first. Man, if Haas made a turn-mill machine I'd be all over it. My HAAS machines don't take nearly as big of cuts, but they are accurate enough for most everything I need, they are simple to maintain, reliable, and support is first rate. I've yet to see a HAAS tech because I can get all the advice I need over the phone direct from HAAS. If Mazak could provide the same level of support it would be a way different story.

The Integrex takes some seriously aggressive cuts, has loads of power and is very accurate. I bought ours specifically to make specific parts that took 14 operations on a lathe and VMC, and condensed them into loading rough stock in head 1 and pulling a finished part out of head 2. Tolerances were exceptional, and cycle time went from 2+ days to a couple hours, and after several tweaks and turn milling I got it down to just over 36 minutes.

The Integrex is simply too small for the parts we currently make. The Y axis travel kills us and we need to stick the parts on other machines to finish. Ultimately a 400mm horizontal will be faster and a cheaper way to produce the final product. What ultimately matters is that the parts meet the specs and can be produced as efficiently as possible.

Pulling the plug yesterday leaves me in an ambivalent mood. No more will I see some damn cryptic message displayed because Mazatrol won't let me do what I want... I know I'm not going to drill into the chuck jaw, I specifically oriented the C axis to miss it for cryin out loud... then again, I'll miss the almost instant setup for turn milled parts using stock flash tooling and some collet jaws.

My only hope is that Mazak uses this downturn as an opportunity to steal away some very skilled operators and turn them into first rate applications support techs. Oddly enough I've received far more help from users on Mazak forums than I've even dreamed of getting from Mazak.

The collective knowledge and willingness to help from others who have been there before is immeasurable.

Thanks for all the help.

Stu

Stu,

I have followed your Integrex saga for a long time. You are correct, the Integrex is a very capable, yet very complex machine.

Mazak has been known to let machines get out in the field that could be called "lemons". The company I used to work for had a Multiplex that fit the bill of a lemon. After years of regular service calls, the machine finally settled in and has ran good for them.

Yes, you are right about Mazak service. They have a difficult time finding and keeping qualified service men, not just in the west. The good service techs either get promoted to a desk job at the factory, or one of the regional service offices. Or, they go out on there own as an independent service tech. There may be an independent guy in your area who is a whiz on Integrex's??

I believe your Integrex had more than it's share of problems. It is unfortunate that you ended up with that specific machine.

I own several older Mazak Quick Turns that have proven to be very reliable, and accurate. The QT's, being 2-axis only, are relatively easy to work on, thus I do my own service and repairs.

Good luck with the new Kitamura horizontal! Kits are very top-shelf machines.

Greg

Everyone I've ever known who had an Integrex has hated it for the first 6 months. It takes about that long to learn how to cheat and make it do what you want. My machine really had only a few simple issues. All totalled if a knowledgeable service guy could have gotten in to fix it, it would have been down for maybe a day or 2 at most. The sad part is when it won't work for almost a month waiting on a tech to make a 30 minute fix. It doesn't inspire confidence.

I solved my problems by going to Mazak school and learning how to do all the maintenance and troubleshooting myself. It's actually a very straightforward machine. The problem is I just don't have the time to stop and tinker with it, and I'd rather call in a service tech. There are some very good independent techs around, but most of them don't go back to school, and they have limited knowledge past the fusion controlled machines. This is of little use on a Matrix controlled machine. If I had the need for 8 or 10 of them, I would have Mazaks again in a flash. I'd also have a dedicated service tech.

For those who have been emailing me, I finally got around to loading up the remainder of the tooling at www.cybrcnc.com.

It's a great way to buy KM63XMZ tooling for upwards of 50% off.

Thanks for all the support over the years.

Stu

Back