What's new
What's new

Speeding up drip feeding? M2

xa-mont

Hot Rolled
Hey guys,

It's there any way to speed up drip feeding programs to my vqc20/40a?

The issue i have is when sending a large program with many small steps i get pauses in the steps where the machine can't keep up, so in steed of a smooth line ( made up of many small movements) i get movement pause movement pause etc.

Obviously i can smooth these out to a degree in the can software, but is there anything hardware wise i can do?

Call this guy today. He just sold me a small flash drive that hooks up to my FADAL Mill and YMC Lathe by way of the RS232, It's pretty cool. I just use it for file transfer right now but it will allow you to DNC large programs very quickly. He also spent an hour on the phone getting me set up to use it.

Good Luck

Make Chips Boys !

Ron

Jerry Williams
Highland DNC, LLC.
30711 Saddlebag Trail
Myakka City, FL. 34251
PH. 941-322-2286
FAX. 941-322-2287
Cell 301-293-9530
Highland DNC, LLC.

What are you drip feed settings? baud rate? feed rates?

I haven't had an issue with mine but its early days and I'm using a dnc one usb unit to transfer the info..

cheers

Mick
Running 4800 baud as that's the max for an m2 as far as I can tell and I think 8none1

I'm using nclink on a win xp comp to feed it.

Running 4800 baud as that's the max for an m2 as far as I can tell and I think 8none1

I'm using nclink on a win xp comp to feed it.

I'm using the same settings but not using the puter, rather a usb which may be a bit quicker...

I think I paid about AUD200 for the usb/rs232 reader. works a treat and sits there waiting for cnc to take the next bit of info. Pretty easy to set up.

Let me know if you need any info on it. I have some utube vids of it running. let me know if you want me to post a link

cheers

Mick

Do you need the DNC option on the machine to be able to dripfeed programs?
I have a T3 lathe that I want to dripfeed but it does not have the DNC option.

You need the EIA option to be able to drip feed Gcode - however, good news for you is that a few of the guys here have teamed together to find a way to ADD the EIA option to machines that didn't come with it.

... just realised when i was about to link the thread, you're already in it. basically all you need is the EIA option AFAIK

On the M2 you hit "auto" and "F2" at the same time, The T controllers don't have the F's though, so I'm not sure on there.

Hi
I have a VQC 20/50 with MAZATROL CAM M2 and I've hit "F2" and "auto" at the same time but nothing is happening.
is "auto" at the left of origin1 bottom.
thanks

When you hit F2 and Auto the F2 should stay lit then all you got to do is hit cycle start hope this helps I'm going through the same thing except I'm having cable issues so if you could Point me towards the correct pinout for a cable I will greatly appreciate it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Tongue biting the bullet and buying a Highland DNC although I was looking at the dnc1 because you can page through programs but from what I've been reading you can't beat the customer service with the Highland DNC and it still does 2 gigabytes programs what do you guys think what's your favorite way to to go with this style of Machining

You need the EIA option to be able to drip feed Gcode - however, good news for you is that a few of the guys here have teamed together to find a way to ADD the EIA option to machines that didn't come with it.

... just realised when i was about to link the thread, you're already in it. basically all you need is the EIA option AFAIK
I have 4 or 5 extra fx17c boards. Rev d and e. I would part with 1 or 2 if interested.

Back