What's new
What's new

Sqt 15-ms

CAPTAIN CNC

Plastic
Hi everyone, I'm new here so i thought i'd introduce myself first. My name is Clint and i work in a job shop in Evansville Indiana. I run most any type of machine and have been running this Mazak for a few months now.

I have 2 questions for you all.

First, how or where do you define the appearance of your back turning tools so they appear correct in the graphics display when running?

Second, How or where do you control your depth cut size when milling? No matter what i do it wants to take .0085 depth cuts.

Any advise you can give would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Clint

Help!

First, how or where do you define the appearance of your back turning tools so they appear correct in the graphics display when running?

Second, How or where do you control your depth cut size when milling? No matter what i do it wants to take .0085 depth cuts.

Can anyone offer any advise?

regarding number 2. depth of cut control. i think that is controlled on the Tool Data 2 page. Look on that page and see what column has .0085 in it and change it there.

Hey thanks for your reply. I've been havin a hard time finding an answer or even a response to my 2 questions. I appreciate your interest.

I have checked EVERY single page and screen you can navigate to and cannot figure out either of these 2 issues. I looked where you said again just in case and no such luck.

I would think it would be someplace on one of the tool pages but i question myself because what if the situation arises in which i need to use the same tool for 2 different operations which require different depth cuts? This fact leads me to believe the DOC is controlled somewhere in the process itself. That, or if it is controlled on a tool page then maybe i'd hafta duplicate the tool and offsets then just use lets say tool 1 for one operation and 1C for another operation.(1B i always use B for tools in the back of the turret just for clarity)

In any case i didn't see the .0085 ANYWHERE. Nor did i see .017(.0085/side) or any other figure that would lead me to think thats where i can control my DOC.

I had thought that maybe its a parameter that controls the DOC based off of a percentage of the tool dia but i've had several different diameters of tools in it and it's always .0085.:bawling: Plus as i said before you wouldn't be able to take different depth cuts with the same tool during different operations.

Thanks for your help but i'm still stumped. The graphics display i can deal with for now but i have a job coming up where i absolutely need to be able to adjust my DOC so i gotta get that figured out by next week sometime.

Thanks again sakis
Clint

Hmmm... No E95 on this machine. The "E" Parameters stop at E64. Thanks for tryin to help though. As i've said before... i appreciate yalls help. I'm getting desperate as the days are ticking away. :(

Anyone know of someplace thats services Mazaks that may be able to answer me by phone or e-mail?

You will never get the correct graphics display for your tooling. In your program when your writing your Mazatrol program you should be able to put any input into the Fnl-Z area. Check to see where in your program you have .0085. I take it the shape is correct but the step lines are hokey.

I've got the correct graphics display for turning and drilling tools they just don't have the correct length. They appear to have a negative length. Or the turret appears to stick out further than my tools.

I don't have .0085 anywhere in any of my programs. I realize i can put anything in Fnl-Z but it'll still take .0085 depth cuts.:angry: Hope i'm not misinterpreting you but thanks for your suggestions.

Thanks for the phone number Chris. I'll try that here in a lill bit.

Try converting the .0085 to millimeter (.2159) and look through your parameters for that number or half that for radius.

Regarding the graphics. Did you take a good look at the B & C parameters. B for the front spindle and C for the back spindle.

Regards,

Chippy

What group of parameters should i be looking through?

B and C parameters? Can you elaborate a little more other than just "front and back"? What did you mean by "take a GOOD look"? I'm gonna go "look" now but i'm not sure what i'll be looking for them to be.

Yes, that would be the area I would try in parameters. If you could take a picture that may help also and post it.

Did you look through the parameters for the depth cut regarding millimeter?

Regards,

Chippy

Ya, quickly though. Can you narrow it down for me? User params? Machine params? What letter group would the parameter be?

I think i can figure out the back tool graphics now...thanks. That helps me out quite a bit in certain situations.

Now if i could just figure out this dern depth cut delima i'm having. Are you sure its a parameter? I'll focus my efforts there if so.

Ya i know you're right. Sometimes they do. Usually it's some big wig though who don't know much. It's just im still running this other job right now plus I've been lurking here for a while so i thought it was time i introduce myself and start participating and see what i could resolve by myself with you alls help. I was gonna make some phone calls if it came right down to it.

Ya, quickly though. Can you narrow it down for me? User params? Machine params? What letter group would the parameter be?

I think i can figure out the back tool graphics now...thanks. That helps me out quite a bit in certain situations.

Now if i could just figure out this dern depth cut delima i'm having. Are you sure its a parameter? I'll focus my efforts there if so.

I hope Chippy is online sometime today...........

Back