What's new
What's new

SQT15M Parts Catcher

EckFab

Aluminum
We have a 1991 Mazak SQT15M which was optioned with a parts catcher but we do not have the arm or basket. The manuals don't show much for dimensions or even functionality. Google doesn't have any images we can find either..

Does anyone have plans or any data from building their own for the same machine?

By chance anybody have a parts only machine with a catcher they want to sell??

Thanks In advance,
Ethan

Could you post a few photos of what parts of the part catcher you actually have?

Is it the style with the hydraulic cylinder with a tooth rack, that turns a pipe, which you clamp the basket to?

Could you post a few photos of what parts of the part catcher you actually have?

Is it the style with the hydraulic cylinder with a tooth rack, that turns a pipe, which you clamp the basket to?

Hey sorry, forgot about posting up pictures, please see below. You are describing the correct system, we just need the clamp/basket part.

Thanks,
Ethan
20171101_092042.jpg20171101_092056.jpg

Did you do a search? Here is a thread from not long ago I am sure you will find some info.

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/mazak/new-mazak-sqt250-ms-328962/

I searched but did not find that specific thread. The SQT250 is a good 10 year newer machine and believe the catcher mechanism is thus higher tech. The 1996 photos look similar but I feel we're probably best off still trying to find a parts machine to rob from or to fork it over to mazak.

I appreciate you citing that thread though. I will try to reach out to see what we can come up with there.

Well shoot.
I assume that shaft that sticks out just rotates for your parts catcher?

If it does, tomorrow I'll take a few photos of it on my 1996, with a tape measure for scale.

It's not super complicated. Just a split clamp block, and a two piece basket connected with a hinge and a spring so that it opens up when it retrieves into the pocket and dumps your part.

I searched but did not find that specific thread. The SQT250 is a good 10 year newer machine and believe the catcher mechanism is thus higher tech. The 1996 photos look similar but I feel we're probably best off still trying to find a parts machine to rob from or to fork it over to mazak.

I appreciate you citing that thread though. I will try to reach out to see what we can come up with there.

Look at pics in post #29 and #30 user Me Newb posted some pics from 1996 SQT18M that is exactly like your parts catcher would look like.

Back