What's new
What's new

Sqt18ms problems

NCPRECISIONMACH

Plastic
So I finally got my machine up and running .... And I left it the night after getting it going and came back the next day that the turret was lower than when I left .... I've now come to realize that my turret is leaking hydraulic fluid and I'm guessing that is the reason my turret wAs lower because it lost pressure over night .... My jaws on my machine weren't hardly traveling when I stepped on the pedal.... Is this just some kind of seal that I can replace or am I going to have to call the repair guy up again.... I'm being bled dry and I have only been able to run one part ... Just a test part at that!!! PleAse someone tell me that it's a simple fix and something I can do myself .... The leak is right where the turret moves out to index .... Thanks in advance !!

Try the turret unclamp soft key, it may help show where the leak is. There is a block with hydraulic that the coolant runs thru on the turret facing the operator. If the coolant plunger o rings are shredded that's a pretty easy fix. If it's turret clamp piston, that's quite a project. Probably a solid 2-3 day project to replace them.

Try the turret unclamp soft key, it may help show where the leak is. There is a block with hydraulic that the coolant runs thru on the turret facing the operator. If the coolant plunger o rings are shredded that's a pretty easy fix. If it's turret clamp piston, that's quite a project. Probably a solid 2-3 day project to replace them.

Just went through the same problem but it was also leaking HYD oil through the coolant lines, your maybe as well you just haven't noticed it yet.

As mentioned, there are several O-rings on the spool and most likely one is torn.

Here is the post about our problem, worth taking a look. http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/mazak/need-help-quick-285481/

Turret leaks are in house repairible.
Its either the coolant block deal Dave mentioned or the clamp cylinder proper. Both nuthin but bolts and rubber.
The clamp cylinder is in there a ways but its still something you can do.

Cool thanks do u guys know of a video or instructions to do it ??? I'm sure I could just wing it I'm pretty mechanically inclined but at the same time i don't want to get stuck and be screwed because I have no reference lol

There are 4 cap screws holing a 4 x 5" cover/housing on the operator side of the turret, remove it and the spool is inside of it. I just used standard off the self o-rings with a little Vaseline when installing the spool back into the housing.

he's been in the coolant block dave
it looks more like what is in your qt8 than the superquick turn
so not sure if that is going to help
this thing is a T32 not a plus which means we may have a little different animal than yours and mine
we'll get it
even if it kills him ;)

I agree the price is too high especially since you can't order their overpriced part with out it, heck they ought to just give it out they will make it up in spades with sales. OTOH, it should be serial number specific meaning that its the correct one for that specific machine and you won't be ordering parts that will not fit your machine.

Back