What's new
What's new

ST35 X axis load oscillations - T32-3 control

If it has DC servos, I would check the brushes.
You miss the position display completely in the video.
Can't tell if the position is changing a thou or so with the fluctuations.
So a careful inspection of the wiring to the axis motor and encoder, looking for breaks needs to be done.

Bill

More information:

The machine holds position and makes good parts. Recently had the ballscews and ballnuts rebuilt, new bearings installed. We had a Mitsubishi tech come down and look at it, did some swapping out of parts - drive, servo motor, encoders, encoder cable - but none of those things had any effect on the problem. Also checked the servo motor (AC) with a megaohm meter - infinity to ground on all phases and it measured 2 ohms phase-to-phase

It's a belt drive system with an encoder on the servo and a second encoder on the ballscrew. the couplers were good and tight on both encoders.

The next time the machine's not in service, I'm going to check the ballscrew pulley & key. I'm thinking we replaced that when we did the ballscrew rebuild, but I'm not 100% for sure..

wippin' boy,

This machine does have box ways. The gib closest to the chuck was loose - looked like someone made a homemade retainer behind the gib adjustment screw that came loose.

Since the adjustment was already lost, I pulled the gib out and took a couple pictures of it before I put it back in..

photo 2.jpg
photo 1.jpg

I haven't had a chance to go check on the machine since I did the adjustment. I will post back with results when I am able.

Thanks,
Aaron

Back