What's new
What's new

ST35N going back together

AMThomas

Plastic
Well, we've been putting the lathe back together and have been making pretty good progress. Waiting on an oil seal from Mazak so we can get the z-axis ball screw in. I have a question about the x-axis servo. Since we've had the machine, the load monitor meter has been really jittery. Even at idle, it will flicker from 0% to 60% or so back and forth. I hadn't paid too much attention to it before, but when we fired it up to check the x-axis, I could hear a kind of buzzing rattle noise from behind the machine, and realized it's the servo. It's just sitting there vibrating. The encoder seems to be working fine, I'm not getting any errors, and can track x position on the controller. Belt seems plenty tight. I took a stethoscope and it sounds like the noise is coming from the back end of the servo. Anybody have an idea what this could be? I'll try and post some pics later.

Not to hijack but my machine is liner guide machine and it does the same thing. Is there a way or a need to fix this?

Not to hijack but my sqt18ms is a liner guide machine and it does the same thing. Is there a way or a need to fix this?

Back