What's new
What's new

STORED STROKE LIMIT +X on QT-15SP

GuntisK

Aluminum
Ok, this is maybe a simple task, but not for me at the moment as Im new to MAZAKs. So here the problem- when starting a program machine move to its home position to change an instrument. It stops and error message is given- 101 stored stroke limit +x. Parameters is set according to parameter list, B1 parameter is 10000. What is the possible reason of this problem? Homing is carried out without any flaws. Machine is QT-15SP, CAM T-2, year 1988.

Sounds like you do not have your tools touched off correctly. There needs to be negative numbers in the X and Z geometry for each tool.

The other thing that I found out the hard way is before starting your program manually run each tool up to the face of the part and make sure the x,y coordinates as displayed make sense. It's easy to change tools and forget to touch one off. This also verifies that you have your part face set where it ought to be. This is what got me I had everything set and hit start and rapid into the chuck because the part face was not set right.

Sounds like you do not have your tools touched off correctly. There needs to be negative numbers in the X and Z geometry for each tool.

I thought about this one, but didnt try out- currently there is only one tool touched off, all other 15 (I have a 16 tool turret on this machine)shows zeros on X and Z. So this means MAZAK wants all 16 tool places touched off and no zero is allowed? Thank You guys on this info- will try it when I get to my machine. ;)

Everything works! :cool: Big thanks goes to Philabuster! It really was the geometry settings that stopped machine from working. :cheers:

Back