What's new
What's new

Strange new alarm. . .

SMT

Hot Rolled
T-Plus lathe (SQT18MY)

Ran a few parts tonight and all was as it usually is.

I don't run my chip conveyor continuously, just enough to get the chips out and keep the coolant in.

Last time I went to switch it on it was dead. Then I noticed I was in single block with a blue alarm 264 Thermal overload relay (single block)

Looked in the book and it mentions that 264 is a thermal overload relay not related to the machine and it specifically cites the chip conveyor.

I looked in the cabinet for a tripped relay, or anything that looked out of place and came up empty. I even swung out the big panel and looked at all the contactors.

Any ideas? I'm pretty well shut down until this gets resolved as the machine defaults to single block :(

I gots work to do!

Help!

TIA

Thermal relay trip is typically one of the QF breakers for one of the three phase inductions motors on the machine such as the coolant pump motor or the hydraulic pump motor.

What's a qf breaker and where would I find it and how do I reset it?

Stock coolant pump is unwired. Using HP external unit.

It should be the little cube thingy right under the motor contactor. Have someone turn on and off the conveyor switch while you are looking for the contactor that is picking up and dropping out. Under that contactor should be a thermal relay and there should be a reset button labeled on it. Careful! cabinet is hot. Beware what u touch.
Or...... Push the reset on every thermal relay that you can find in the motor control cabinet. One of them has to be the conveyor thermal.
Or...... You might have the inverter driven conveyor in which case I believe it resets itself. But the 264 alarm brings to mind the conventional motor starter/ thermal relay deal.

UPDATE***

Fixed. :cheers:

Thanks everyone for the help!

I was right there on Saturday but didn't notice the little cubes with the reset buttons (not labeled at all by the way)

I just pushed everything this morning and one of them clicked.

Back in action and chips are flyin!

:D

Back